Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Equivalent to O6N03LA N-type mosfet

roqueaufabii

May 2, 2023
Hi, I am new to all means of forums and posting so please excuse if I made mistakes.

Recently I started to get interested in a "Brushless DC motor controller using Arduino and IR2101 "project. But from what I can see 06N03LA N-type mosfet is no longet manufactured. Therefore I need to find an equivalent that works just fine in combination with the IR2101 driver. Can someone give me some ideas.

P.S. It's kinda a freezing point for me right now so I would appreciate any help:)

Thank you

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Practically EVERY major component supplier has a PARAMETRIC SEARCH facility for components. In other words, if you know some (any) parameters of the device you seek you just click on the values listed and each 'click' reduces the list of suitale devices (from the tens of thousands to start with) to numbers you can pick-and-chose from.

Here's a 'snapshot' of Mousers semiconductor (MOSFET) parametric search engine:

Note that I can only show PART of the list as it scrolls across the screen for many more columns.

Your original device is N-channel, Vds=30V, Rds(on)=0.003 ohms and Id=100A. Go to Mousers site, search for semiconductiors, select Transistors (then MOSFETS) and click on those values (or HIGHER for Vds, Id etc) then on 'APPLY FILTERS' and see what results.

Attachments

• Parametric.png
    Parametric.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

roqueaufabii

May 2, 2023
Practically EVERY major component supplier has a PARAMETRIC SEARCH facility for components. In other words, if you know some (any) parameters of the device you seek you just click on the values listed and each 'click' reduces the list of suitale devices (from the tens of thousands to start with) to numbers you can pick-and-chose from.

Here's a 'snapshot' of Mousers semiconductor (MOSFET) parametric search engine:

Note that I can only show PART of the list as it scrolls across the screen for many more columns.

Your original device is N-channel, Vds=30V, Rds(on)=0.003 ohms and Id=100A. Go to Mousers site, search for semiconductiors, select Transistors (then MOSFETS) and click on those values (or HIGHER for Vds, Id etc) then on 'APPLY FILTERS' and see what results.
Thank you! btw srry for the late reply...
Really used your help :).

Last edited:

roqueaufabii

May 2, 2023
Are you aware there are commercial r/c units for as little as $8.00...???
yeah, I know. It's something I want to put my mind to in order to understand the working principles and overall project development

new_elec

Jul 13, 2023
yeah, I know. It's something I want to put my mind to in order to understand the working principles and overall project development
Hi, do you mind sharing the component you used instead of the 06N03LA N-type mosfet. I'd really appreciate it :)

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Most would do some study on device principles or watch an appropriate tutorial to "learn".
Shortcuts get you nowhere.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Apologies it's missing this information below.
Maximum Gate-Source Voltage |Vgs|: 20 V

Maximum Gate-Threshold Voltage |Vgs(th)|:2 V

Maximum Drain Current |Id|:50 A

photo_1689294255474.png
Be careful the package style is very important.
Screenshot_20230713_171057.jpg

Last edited: