Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Experiments planning

Foxkoun

Dec 17, 2014
So I have access to a small variety of components, I have a 9V battery and a 5V source, that said is there any harm to random experiments? Reason I ask is I'd rather get as much use out of everything as I can, budget restrictions, and I'd especially like to try experiments with amplifier circuit designs for now so I can learn what will and won't work. Other than that I'm open to any experiment suggestions, I hope to learn more aside from coursework.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
So I have access to a small variety of components, I have a 9V battery and a 5V source, that said is there any harm to random experiments? Reason I ask is I'd rather get as much use out of everything as I can, budget restrictions, and I'd especially like to try experiments with amplifier circuit designs for now so I can learn what will and won't work. Other than that I'm open to any experiment suggestions, I hope to learn more aside from coursework.
No harm if you follow some guidelines and do a little math before you hook up power.
Even at low voltages, if you accidentally short something out, you can cause the component to fail. That said, the components you typically start off with are cheap (a couple pennies worth).

Start off playing with transistors, and reading up on how they work.
You can use them to drive relays, motors, or speakers.