Maker Pro
Maker Pro

FAAC XT4 868 SLH remote control frequency emission

HeadlessBee

Jul 27, 2020
So my neighbor has just installed an automation on his garage door. The thing is, it looks like his remote control is also controlling my motorized gate. Is there a solution to stop this problem without having to replace anything?

Thank you in advance for your answers ! that would help me a lot.

I am using a FAAC XT4 868 SLH remote control

kpatz

Feb 24, 2014
Is it possible to change the code on your gate? Most remote systems use changeable codes to prevent this very thing from happening... also for those with 2 or more garage doors wanting individual control of each.

It also makes it harder for burglars to clone your remote and open your gate/garage.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
The website you linked states that the remote control uses SLH technology and rolling codes (code tournante) to ensure security. It is unlikely that your neighbour's remote control operates with the same codes as your's. That is equivalent to your car key's remote opening another car.
In this unlikely case you can try to re-connect transmitter and receiver as per the instructions on the website (or the manual).

PETERDECO

Dec 19, 2019
My garage door opener is a fixed code unit, my neighbor's is a rolling code. Once or twice a year when he opens his garage, mine opens.