Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fader Replacement on Vintage Yamaha M508 Mixer

Craig York

Dec 25, 2015
Hello Family,

I inherited a Yamaha M508 Mixer in pretty good shape. The radio station I got it from took out 4 of the faders so I ma looking to replace them. I measured them and it seems that they are 90mm long and 20mm wide with a 60mm travel/throw. On the side it says 10K.

As I am more of an electronic novice I am not sure where I can purchase them or something close. If anyone can direct me to a store or maybe you have something that may work that you can sell me?

Thanks,

Craig

Attachments

• 20161018_170312.jpg
    20161018_170312.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 20161018_170304 (2).jpg
    20161018_170304 (2).jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 80

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi Craig

As I am more of an electronic novice I am not sure where I can purchase them or something close. If anyone can direct me to a store or maybe you have something that may work that you can sell me?

do some searching on Mouser or Digikey, both USA based
generally there will be data on all the components they have. Since your pots are flylead connected to the PCB rather than soldered to the board
that is going to give you a little leeway as far as the width factor goes ...as in, it wont matter if the ones you find are a little narrower
There's only 2 or 3 standard lengths for those pots so you should be able to find a replacement without too much difficulty

Ohhh, and you want 10k Ohm LINEAR ( not LOG)

Dave

Craig York

Dec 25, 2015
hi Craig

generally there will be data on all the components they have. Since your pots are flylead connected to the PCB rather than soldered to the board
that is going to give you a little leeway as far as the width factor goes ...as in, it wont matter if the ones you find are a little narrower
There's only 2 or 3 standard lengths for those pots so you should be able to find a replacement without too much difficulty

Dave

Thank a lot Dave. I appreciate it.

Craig York

Dec 25, 2015
hi Craig

Dave

Dave, do you think these will work?
http://www.digikey.com/product-deta...aRB1MXE2khiFSKNbvr7xlFcqdi7eRUCr59hoCmKzw_wcB