Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Feedback on creating circuit boards

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
The OP asked for feedback on his web page designed to enable people who may not fully understand the processes of devloping a circuit through to a circuit board.

So, OP.

When putting most things in an oven there is a chance that they will be damanged but most items will start to damage at a different temperature. This is why a good, well designed temperature profile is the most important part of any reflow process.

For instance if u are cooking egg and chips. you would put the chips in first as the egg takes less time to cook right? this is not possible with a circuit board as all parts are on the same board and therfore a temperature profile is designed to ensure each part gets the right amount of heat at the right time. Ensureing parts with a lower resistance to heat are not damaged when parts need a higher temperature to ensure a solid well flowed solder joint.

Using a universal role is not acceptable when it comes to education because its is more than easy to say a soldering iron is hot... ovens are hot... heat damages.... it would be far better to explain why in that instance over heating can be a problem. Why do we need a decent teperature profile and why could this method of soldering cause issues.

have i avoided the "The Verbiage Pit" or am i right back at the edge? ;)

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
have i avoided the "The Verbiage Pit" or am i right back at the edge? ;)

You won't know until you feel the pit goblins snapping at your feet. :D I'm not a qualified baker (strictly a grill man) so I can't evaluate. :D

Chris