Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Finding equivalent semiconductors -any websites?

TTL

Oct 24, 2013
Are there any websites or other sources where I can find direct replacements for hard to find or obsolete semiconductors?
I'm specifically looking for a Sharp PC-900 opto-isolator replacement now, but I keep comping across other semiconductors which are hard to find.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir TTL . . . . .

Expounding further upon the Right Revered and Most Honnable External -nets info . . . .
(¿Que paaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssa?)

There used to be a cross reference put out by just about every semiconductor manufacturer, with the General Electric’s GE line, the Motorola’s HEP line and RCA’s SK line and lastly the Sylvanias ECG series of Semiconductors.

Seems like that last surviving, now defunct ECG series has been adapted into the NTE product line with the same numbering that ECG had used, but with incorporation of a NTE prefix.

The Sharp PA900 of pre 1990’s developmental timeframe is still alive and available.

HOWEVER, they also re-released a faster digital friendly version in the 2000’s .

Perhaps that is your problem, in the respect of needing a “faster” version of the original, basically darlington "bare bones" technology style design of the original unit, should you be involved in faster digital work or musical or higher frequency audio processing, involving a fast schmitt triggering response.

They are still being available on the cheeeeep at

https://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet/PC900-1386619.html

As the original PC900V at a professed 0.21 cents a copy
OR most importantly,as a:
PC900VONSZXF . . .digital speed version at 0.30 cents a copy

SHARP;s DA-DA Sheet:
http://www.sharp-world.com/products/device/lineup/selection/opto/pc/opic_3.html

73’s de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

TTL

Oct 24, 2013
Thanks to all!
Utsource was a great place to get some of those semiconductors I couldn't find elsewhere, and not costing a fortune either!

So the PC900VONSZXF is a direct pin to pin compatible replacement for the PC900? I tried to compare the datasheets but with my limited knowledge I couldn't figure out what the differences are (and the NTE site linked above wouldn't show either). Are you, 73's de Edd, saying that the PC900VONSZXF is just capable of faster response? It's for replacing a PC900 inside an Atari ST (late 80s computer) for its MIDI IN port. If it'll enhance transfer speed I'm all for it, but it has to be backwards compatible.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
It will be plug in backwards compatible or they woud have changed its designation.