Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fixing Gimbal Control board for SG906 Pro Drone

mmoukalled

Dec 24, 2020
Hi,

I am trying to fix a gimbal drive board for a SG906 Pro drone, I am having hard time identifying a chip on this board. Most likely it is a voltage regulator, but I might be wrong, as it is virtually impossible to find info, schematic for these Chinese made drones online, but the chip is a SOT-33 case style and all what I was able to read on it is SWD JI.(see attached image).

I know the above info is vague, but maybe someone can help.

Thank you
P1100025.jpg

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Sorry, can’t find info either.
What’s that component top right (12v).
Looks like it gets rather warm.

Martin

mmoukalled

Dec 24, 2020
The top right component is a resistor. The issue happened when I replaced one of the drone arms, I had to disassemble the whole drone, while assembling it back, I connected 2 wires wrong(swapped) , and caused damage to the camera board and the motors or Gimbal controller, I replaced the camera board but the control is sold with the camera for over $80, not worth buying it, this when I decided to attempt fixing this board. The drone powers up now and the camera works but the gimbal does not move. :(

My last option will be to replace this IC with a voltage regulator chip and see if this works. but I wanted to see if someone knows the what is or equivalent to the SWD JI before attempting that.

Thank you

Ronik

Jan 1, 2023
Hi,

I am trying to fix a gimbal drive board for a SG906 Pro drone, I am having hard time identifying a chip on this board. Most likely it is a voltage regulator, but I might be wrong, as it is virtually impossible to find info, schematic for these Chinese made drones online, but the chip is a SOT-33 case style and all what I was able to read on it is SWD JI.(see attached image).

I know the above info is vague, but maybe someone can help.

Thank you
View attachment 50232
This is no help, we have the same camera board but mine has no writing at all...