Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fluke 177 Multimeter

David Alexander

Jun 8, 2018
Hi,
I have a Fluke 177 Multimeter that will not read AC volts.
The attached photo shows a part that has 0.01K1000 written on it and the solder on the other side has had a soft fault and the solder has melted away from both ends of the component in question. I am fairly green and am unable to identify that part and would like some assistance to not only identify but then source a new part to see if that will fix my meter.
I have contacted Fluke and they do not sell the part. They will 'service' my meter for $175 and replace the main PCB in my meter.
I have taken my meter to a couple of electronics repair centres in town and they are unable to assist me.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards,
David Alexander

Attachments

• DSC_0455.JPG
    DSC_0455.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 56

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
Welcome to EP :)

The attached photo shows a part that has 0.01K1000 written on it and the solder on the other side has had a soft fault and the solder has melted away from both ends of the component in question. I am fairly green and am unable to identify that part and would like some assistance to not only identify but then source a new part to see if that will fix my meter.

it's a 0.01uF 1000V mylar capacitor

but then source a new part to see if that will fix my meter.

mouser, Farnell, digikey are 3 common parts suppliers

but it may not be the only problem

I wouldn't mind seeing both sides of the board around the input terminals area

Dave

David Alexander

Jun 8, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for that.
I have added a couple more photos for you. Also while the meter was apart I fixed the 'dry' joint on one end of the capacitor and the meter now works! How long for will be the question.

Attachments

• DSC_0189.JPG
    DSC_0189.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_0187.JPG
    DSC_0187.JPG
    155.3 KB · Views: 53