Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fluke Multimeter's

James Hanpshire

Sep 11, 2015
Hello all,

Firstly, this is my first post here on this forums. I am not the most experienced on forums such as this so I hope this post conforms off all the rules and regulations of the forums.

Back to the point, I have a Fluke 79III Multimeter at work and ip there's has been a Fluke 17B+ Multimeter orders and I am unsure whether to swap my meter for this meter, if anyone has any experience with both or wait her or each meter and let me know their reviews on whether I should change or keep the same then please let me know. I am an electronic engineer so which ever is better for my occupation I will use.

I have found that the buzzer on the both multimeters is quite quiet. Is there any way that I can replace the sounder with a louder sounder or make a small mod to the case to make the sounder more predominant.

I wish you all have a great weekend,

Kind regards
James Hampshire

rickselectricalprojects

Feb 1, 2015
Hello all,

Firstly, this is my first post here on this forums. I am not the most experienced on forums such as this so I hope this post conforms off all the rules and regulations of the forums.

Back to the point, I have a Fluke 79III Multimeter at work and ip there's has been a Fluke 17B+ Multimeter orders and I am unsure whether to swap my meter for this meter, if anyone has any experience with both or wait her or each meter and let me know their reviews on whether I should change or keep the same then please let me know. I am an electronic engineer so which ever is better for my occupation I will use.

I have found that the buzzer on the both multimeters is quite quiet. Is there any way that I can replace the sounder with a louder sounder or make a small mod to the case to make the sounder more predominant.

I wish you all have a great weekend,

Kind regards
James Hampshire
your fluke 79III will be alot better then the fluke 17b. the cheap fluke meters you get on ebay (sub $200 AUD) are for the chinese market and are imported. a friends dad (i am 14) who is an electrician found a fluke 179 at a job and gave it to me (they job that he was working at were going to throw it out) and it is a really, really good meter. if your an electronics engineer and want a new meter get a fluke 87v: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/digital-multimeters/4802355/
here is a review of the 87v (the video starts at about 8 minutes)