Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Fridge compressor test....

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
how do you test a fridge compressor to see if it is good or not.... I mean when its not connected to the fridge?

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
thanks... The pump is a motor, you test the terminals for continuity, all good - motors good. but these are pressure sensitive devices, and I would think there should be some kind of pressure switch in there....

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
you test the terminals for continuity, all good
What are you using to define 'good'? Continuity is one thing but a short circuit is continuity too. If you know the compressor details maybe the manufacturer provides detailed information on winding resistance?

Most problems - if the compressor is still running - stem from loss of gas in which case a re-gassing is possible if you have the right equipment and knowledge to do it. This is usually only good when talking commercial sized equipment. Domestic products are often cheaper to replace than to repair.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
I recently discovered that there are a few different types of compressors and some use a linear motor that only shows continuity on 2 of the pins..... so your compressor might not be bad, if its testing dead on 2 sets of pins...

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
Problem again....
The board has pinouts to check voltages on, but the wiring is missing...the one it's missing on is ok. The other out is on, and should be off it's making the door alarm sound constantly.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
So assuming the PBA is bad...(main board error) there should be errors on the self diagnostics display. There are no errors displayed.

roughshawd

Jul 13, 2020
PBA is not bad. Magnets placed under the doors make the accessories work, but in connecting to be wiring, I am not sure who's way is proper. The freezer is connected in series where gray wire is common or ground. The CV or lagering room is not connected series, where the colored wires are connected together and the grays are connected together... Idiot me! Opinion needed....
Should I swap the CV wires?