Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Further electronics reading

pyrohaz

Oct 28, 2012
Hey, I've now completed reading "Foundations of Electronics" by Russel L. Meade, and after fully understading the content, I was wondering what would be the next level of reading? This book includes all the basics on passive components and taking measurements etc using multimeters and other such devices. I've obviously used transistors and opamps before but I have never really found a good book explaining from the ground on these components. I read the art of electronics once but after most of it going way over my head, I was wondering what would be the best next thing to read?

Cheers :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I recommend starting with Chapter 2 of "The Art of Electronics"

Chapter 1 deals with some very important concepts, but they're really hard to just pick up from a book. Some of the simpler sections on resistors are useful, but it is the one section of the book that skips into mathematics fairly quickly.

Chapter 2 Starts the "easy" part of the book and you should find that to be a lot less daunting than if you'd started from the beginning.

My recommendation is to skip the sections that get too hard, but to read ahead to where the simple stuff starts again. You can always come here and ask for help understanding particular tricky bits.

Feel free to add to this thread https://www.electronicspoint.com/book-reviews-t251799.html Especially valuable would be your comments on books you have found helpful