Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Future

future

Feb 14, 2014
Hi any one willing to help,am looking at designing a simple circuit,basically I can describe what I need the circuit to do but I have a gap on what components to use to achieve my circuit.by the way am new to the world of electronics but I believe with the passion I have I will greatly excel one day

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Need just a LITTLE more information if any help is needed. !:rolleyes:
M.

future

Feb 14, 2014
Need just a LITTLE more information if any help is needed. !:rolleyes:
M.
sure thing,basically I will have a small motor size of one that we can find in a kitchen blender running,hence need a way of timing it such that after 45 mins of running,il need to trigger a small alarm to go off until reseted then 10 minutes after been reset the alarm should go off again..hope it makes sense

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
First explain details of the motor, these can run from mains powered Universal motors to small, low voltage P.M. DC type.
All it seems you need is a dual timer, either off the shelf or If you Google 555 timer you will find more than you need.
For just on/off control this could be done with a suitable relay, the specs of which will depend on the voltage being used and motor current.
M.

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
In view of your lack of experience, building something to work with mains voltage (using a blender motor suggests that is your intention) is not advisable. Get it wrong and your first project could be your last ;). Better/safer to cut your electronics teeth on a battery powered project.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Hence my question to clarify the type of motor.
You could still use mains power via a low voltage Wall Wart.
M.

AnalogKid

Jun 10, 2015
There is nothing in you problem description that ties the motor to the alarm electrically. Can't you just start the blender and then start a timer? You can get a multi-stage kitchen timer for $10. My $100 microwave oven has one built in; it will time four stages with or without the microwave even running.

ak

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
There is nothing in you problem description that ties the motor to the alarm electrically. Can't you just start the blender and then start a timer? You can get a multi-stage kitchen timer for $10. My $100 microwave oven has one built in; it will time four stages with or without the microwave even running.
ak

The way I read the OP was that he wanted to use a motor 'As found in a blender' not really using an actual blender per-se?
M..

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
@future: If you don't mind, please add to your profile information: where you are located, your age or year of birth, your current occupation, and any electronics experience you have. This information will help us tailor our responses to your requirements and abilities.