Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Garage Door Relay

oldninjatime

Aug 13, 2014
Hello,

I'm looking for a relay for my garage door opener (Genie Silentmax 1000). The relay number is J107E1 but i can't find it online. Is there another relay i can use?

Here is the PDF of the relay on the board. I think this is it. ( http://www.citrelay.com/Catalog pages/Relays/J107E1 Catalog.pdf )

I looked at a new logic board online and they use a HF3FF relay but I don't know if will work.

relay here:
http://www.futureelectronics.com/en...s/Pages/7335953-HF3FF-012-1ZST(257).aspx?IM=0

Can someone please let me know if this would work on my board?

Thanks for your help!

Relay1.jpg Board1.jpg

Last edited:

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
You can probably find a similar relay from many sources.

If you're in the US, then try mouser, digikey, or any of the other online retailers.

Is this a problem with the relay sticking? Typically the 2 relays to cause the door motor to reverse, so maybe it's not that.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015

Sir oldninjatime . . . . . . .

Your Hong Fa unit is spot on . . . in its mechanical sizing profile . . ..

DO NOTE The 162,000 on back order with no current stock level from the FUTURE site and its + 10 min order.

And most important of all is that in the relays dormant . . .no power condition . . . .that the relay has the wrong contacts being closed . . .when compared to the original.There is being a 1H and 1Z specification reversal.
on the Hong Fa , with the 1H contacts being depicted , you would need the 1Z version of that relay.
If mounted on a PCB to with its assigned solder lands that same terminal match up is imperative.
If being hand wired in and soldered . . . . .then . . . the connections could be changed around accordingly.

Leaning a bit more on Sir Steves query . . .have you tested its contact integrity . . .and per chance do you know its particular switching function . . . .with your one selective photo we are assuming its lighting related . . . .BUT . . . there is also being an associated TIME OUT feature related to that relays coil drive . . . . .which coud be the source of your problem.
You could confirm that by monitoring the 12VDC to the relays coil and then compare the lighting . . .cause to effect.

BTW . . . .That is one SEEEEEEEEEEERIOUS . . . Gee Dee Ohh that you have yourself there !

REFERENCE:

Relays.jpg

73s de Edd

oldninjatime

Aug 13, 2014
Well, I was having problems with the lights and I'm pretty sure its that relay because its melted a little. So it's not switching over.

I went to hook it back up to use it without the lights but now I'm not getting power. :X

Attachments

• Side view relay_redbox.jpg
    Side view relay_redbox.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 139

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Is the mini pigtail fuse on the opposite side of that relay blown ?

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Ohhhhh nooooooo . . . . . please . . . PLEASE . . . not the old RED BOX syndrome !
That new component side photo, just provided, is workable, since it seems that no reverse engineered data is floating around on your GENIE model 1000 unit.
Can you also make a JUST almost full frame, squared off, straight on pic of the foil side of the board.?
Also, do you have a pocket size . . . . or almost so . . . small battery powered AM radio reeiver?

Last edited: