Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Gardner Denver wire wrap guns

twopanjim

Nov 22, 2015
I picked up 2 power wire wrap guns that were manufactured by GD a long time ago. One operates on AC the other is battery powered which was still in it's box unused. I had to put new batteries in it but otherwise brand new. Neither of them will turn a wire wrap bit although the motors are ok. I've opened them both up and the gearing is identical on both. I can't find any literature on them explaining how they operate. It appears to me that the motor gear turns a big gear that has a slip fit to a metal bushing with a wire through the middle of it which mates to an indentation in the plastic piece that holds the end of the bit and turns it. Is this some type of clutch mechanism. Anyway, if someone is familiar with them or knows where I can get some info on them. It would be much appreciated. Thanks

KJ6EAD

Aug 13, 2011
They may have a nose switch or clutch. Try pressing down lightly on the bit while holding the trigger down.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hello,
This isn't your model but shows the basic operation of inserting the tools for wrapping.
Jump forward to 1 minute in....Otherwise a very boring intro.

Martin