Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Goodtime Novelty air hockey scoreboard wiring repair

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
While moving the table, some of the wires were ripped apart between the power supply and the harness connecting to the scoreboard. I can't find a diagram to get them re-connected. The red and black wires coming from the harness connector have connectors on them. Also, the white harness from the scoreboard side has a 5th slot filled with an orange wire. The white harness coming from the power supply/goal sensors side only has 4 slots filled; there is nothing in the slot matching up to the orange wire slot. Would anyone know which wires go where; there seems to be an extra wire when matching colors of the disconnected strands. I've attached a picture of the situation. Thanks for any available assistance!

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    211.6 KB · Views: 1,661
Last edited:

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi splurce,
The connectors with white and green wires are the goal sensor/switch wires.
It looks like there is a connector missing for the Red and Black.
But the Blacks are connected together in the large white connector.
The Orange wire might be for a different table setup, with remote reset or something.
Is there a on/off switch on the table?
Can you take some closer pics of the large white connector?

I will have an educated guess and say 'connect all Blacks together and Reds together'.
Should work just fine.

Martin

Last edited:

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
That was my guess; however it didn't work. The scoreboard has a loose, larger screw coming out. I don't believe there is an on/off switch. When the wires are connected as you suggest, one goal sensor works but not the other. The timer doesn't work at all. The display remains dark until the one goal sensor is activated.
P1010002.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010006.JPG
P1010001.JPG P1010004.JPG P1010008.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi splurce,
I have just been searching for that scoreboard. Is it the 'Carrom' table?

There are only 5 wires.
Black = DC 0v
Red = DC 6v
Green = Home
White = Visitor
And Orange or Brown are the reset.
I also found pictures that don't show any missing connectors.
May be you have a broken wire inside the insulation. Have you got a multimeter or circuit/continuity tester?
I think you will need one. If not you can make a real simple one.
Let me know and i'll scribble a real easy diagram using just a torch bulb, battery and two small wires.

scoreunit.jpg

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
Hi splurce,

There are only 5 wires.
Black = DC 0v
Red = DC 6v
Green = Home
White = Visitor
May be you have a broken wire inside the insulation. Have you got a multimeter or circuit/continuity tester?
Let me know and i'll scribble a real easy diagram using just a torch bulb, battery and two small wires.

scoreunit.jpg

It is from an air hockey/table tennis combo table. The scoreboard looks the same as the one you have pictured. The wiring harness from the scoreboard is intact. The wires leading to the plastic connector that connects to the scoreboard harness are messed up. There is a red and black wire coming from the battery pack, 2 wires from each goal: green and black on one goal and white and black from the other goal. There is no corresponding wire going to the connector opposite the orange wire coming from the scoreboard side. Do you know how the wires on the power side connect and which holes of the connector they go into? Also, what is the purpose of the loose screw on the side of the scoreboard? Thanks for any ideas.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Also, what is the purpose of the loose screw on the side of the scoreboard?
That is not a loose screw! It looks like the dc input for running the unit on an ac/dc adaptor.
If it's loose, maybe a wire has come off internally.

Martin

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
That is not a loose screw! It looks like the dc input for running the unit on an ac/dc adaptor.
If it's loose, maybe a wire has come off internally.

Martin
The dc input hole is adjacent to the screw. Check the 4th pic I posted in an earlier post to see the side of the unit. It has a pin requiring a female connection from the ac/dc adaptor. The screw attaches to a metal plate that fits loosely into a corresponding plate within the scoreboard. I will attempt to get a pic of the inside of the scoreboard showing the 2 plates to which I am referring.

This Visionaire scoring unit can still be purchased from thompsonsportinggoods.com. I don't believe any more are being manufactured.

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
Pics attached

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 333
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    289.5 KB · Views: 401
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    271.6 KB · Views: 313
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 354

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hi again splurce,
Again, that is not a loose screw. It is a potentiometer (volume knob). Possibly a switch too. Does it click when turned fully anti-clockwise?
Anyway, there must be sound effects of some sort on the unit.

Is this unit new to you?
How are you so sure a connector or other switch was not originally there.
I cannot think of any other way to connect the wires unless something is missing..

Martin

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
Hi splurce,

There are only 5 wires.
Black = DC 0v
Red = DC 6v
Green = Home
White = Visitor

scoreunit.jpg

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
Thanks for your assistance. I was able to get the lights and scoring to work. However, the sound and on/off switch was beyond my capabilities. If interested, I have posted the scoring unit on ebay for someone with a superior electronics aptitude.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Hey splurce,

What was the outcome? To get the scoreboard working.
I am interested to find out.

Martin

splurce

Oct 18, 2015
Thanks for your assistance. I was able to get the lights and scoring to work. However, the sound and on/off switch was beyond my capabilities. If interested, I have posted the scoring unit on ebay for someone with a superior electronics aptitude.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
That didn't answer anything...
How, what connections? I am interested...

Martin

Ronald Anderson

Jun 6, 2018
I have rhino rhino air hockey table G03996 and replaced with a shelti scoreboard , but the sheltie does not have the input to plug in the old white wiring harness ,is there someway to connect or add to the new sheltie blue line unit Thanks

Last edited: