Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Google plans to scrape everything you post online to train its AI

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Have you used Google search any time recently? For anything not tech-related it delivers as biased a result as I've ever come across. On all the 'main subjects' it trots out the 'approved versions'. If AI is going to rely on scrapings from Google then expect a very heavily biased output.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
We all get a part in the "upbringing" of AI.
You will be assimilated!

Alec_t

Jul 7, 2015
You will be assimilated!
I recall the Daleks shouting something similar.:) But perhaps mankind will be exterminated, if AI ever gets control of critical infrastructure systems or weapons.

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
AI only 'knows' what programmers put into it.
The 'bias' of college grads these days is a part of what they're allowing to be put into everything they do.
They disregard what their bias doesn't agree with.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
"The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race. It would take off on its own, and re-design itself at an ever-increasing rate. Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete, and would be superseded.” – Stephen Hawking.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
What does(AI) Artificial Intelligence
have in common with (VR) Virtual
Reality?
They're both oxymorons. :cool:

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
"The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race. It would take off on its own, and re-design itself at an ever-increasing rate. Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete, and would be superseded.” – Stephen Hawking.
Whatever respect I had for SH went out the window the moment he was conscripted to the global warming hysteria group.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
.we need help.
in the 'mental' department, maybe. The very idea that we are threatened by the weather is utterly ridiculous and there's zero evidence to point a finger at mankind as the source of climate change.

The biggest threat, by far, is from the measures being put in place to try to mitigate a NATURAL process. It's beggaring the world.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
in the 'mental' department, maybe
That's a bit myopic!
You're going to love this it's about AI and it's about your favorite Google.
Hehe. Hey Google... is there any relation between human activity and current climate change.?
Let's ask Google. Multiple scientific studies and assessments have concluded that human activities, such as the burning of fossil fuels and deforestation, are the main contributors to the current warming trend and other changes in the Earth's climate system. Here are some key points from the search results:
- The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), composed of scientific experts from around the world [[2]](https://scienceexchange.caltech.edu/topics/sustainability/evidence-climate-change)[[3]](https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/), has concluded that the increase of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere over the industrial era is primarily due to human activities and that human influence is the principal driver of many observed changes in the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere [[1]](https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/)[[3]](https://climate.nasa.gov/causes/), and biosphere.
- NASA's Global Climate Change website states that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities.
- The Royal Society [[10]](https://www.nytimes.com/article/climate-change-global-warming-faq.html)[[2]](https://scienceexchange.caltech.edu/topics/sustainability/evidence-climate-change), a prestigious scientific organization, states that rigorous analysis of all data and lines of evidence shows that most of the observed global warming over the past 50 years cannot be explained by natural causes and instead requires a significant role for the influence of human activities.
- The Union of Concerned Scientists states that the evidence shows certain heat-trapping gases [[5]](https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-change-evidence-causes/basics-of-climate-change/), such as carbon dioxide, released when burning fossil fuels, are warming the world.
- The National Academy of Sciences affirms that human activities are the cause of recent global warming.

These are just a few examples of the evidence supporting the link between human activity and climate change [[9]](http://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/what-evidence-exists-earth-warming-and-humans-are-main-cause). The overwhelming consensus among scientists is that human activities are significantly contributing to the current climate crisis.
One thing my generation is used to is cleaning up after our elders and it's only right because you cleaned up after us,now it's our turn.
They're just so cute how they are set in their ways.....

Last edited:

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Let's ask Google.
Let's not bother. If you don't know that Google is seriously compromised I don't know how to break it to you.

Show me ONE peer reviewed paper that proves, without doubt, that mankind's CO2 emissions are the cause of global warming.

No one, not one single person has ever done this. Not. One.

You won't either.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities.

That has been debunked so many times that I've lost count and anyone that (a) quotes it or (b) believes it - those that do are fully paid up members of the clueless, head-in-the-sand club. Congratulations. You've just exposed your own bias.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Another example of the lunacy and the morons that believe it:

London recorded 30dgC yesterday - a supposed near-record for September - and there's the likelihood it will reach 32degC today/tomorrow. BBC headline News.......

What they DON'T tell you is that these temperatures are measured at Kew Gardens, slap bang in the middle of one of the largest urban heatsink islands in the world - London - where temperatures are typically 2-3degC HOTTER than any surrounding countryside locations. But to admit to that 'bias' would make 30degC into 27degC which is no way a record by any stretch of the imagination.

But that doesn't meet with the 'need' to scare the gullible public, does it?

Similarly last years 'record' of 40+degC was found to have been measured at the side of an aircraft runway and peaked for 90 seconds as two JET FIGHTERS passed by during take-off/landing. Jet-wash is the new global warming apparently.

Despite pointing this out, the Met Office stands by its record.

These and millions more examples of FAKE alarmism - not to mention HUNDREDS of claims of climate Armageddon that have NEVER come to pass - are reported daily.

How many more will it take before the penny drops? Sheesh.......

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
“Trend”, the perfect word. Because that’s all it is. I was trendy once. The blue hair brigade will eventually grow up.
“Likely”, another perfect word!.
“Influence “, yet another word.

Show me facts!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
My professional duties acquire me to be cross-disciplined. The scientifically grounded information & evidence that I have submitted to this discussion is important & it is imperative to emphasize the consensus among climate scientists & the broad range of disciplines that contribute to our understanding of climate change. I can see why so many skilled in a particular scientific discipline are reluctant to step outside the laboratory or stick your head out the window. :cool: