Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Green Detector

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
Hey guys, any idea on green detector circuit ? simple one but not too simple and not too complicated. To be done is single sided PCB :)

I plan to have a motion detector. But hw do I involve IC ?

Thank you

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Could you explain a little better what a "green detector" is?

Bob

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
A green detector means green technology's detector.Preferrable related to enrgy saving. But normal one like mosquito repller can consider as detector also :)

timothy48342

Nov 28, 2011
Still not understanding.

1- Do you mean green as in "blue+yellow=green" ?

2- Or do you mean green as in "You are saving energy! You'r green!" ?

3- Your asking for ideas on a circuit that detects green. How would you detect "green" without a circuit?

4- You say "green detector." What do you mean "detector?"

5- Try to explain what your asking in a different way.

Some of these questions might sound silly, but it just to help understand.

(There are 5 questions there. Please try to answer each one even if you think it is useless. Each was designed for a different reason.)

--tim

War_Spigot

Feb 20, 2012
I think he means "something that can detect something else, and is energy efficient," but that thing about the mosquito repeller confused me

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
How does it relate to a "green detector circuit" of which a mosquito repeller is an example?

Try stepping back from the "stream of consciousness" posting style and tell us what you have to do and what ideas you have.

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
It's actually green technology detector where it is something to be related to environment.

Like energy saving detector using PIR sensor ?

maca_404

Apr 3, 2012
I would take a stab that he means something which can detect motion as in PIR but is also energy efficient, Although I cant imagine a PIR being that inefficient.

GreenGiant

Feb 9, 2012
There are only 2 ways I can conceivably think of doing this....

One using an RFID setup that designates a number (0 to 1000 lets say) the closer to 0 it is the more "green" it is, closer to 1000 the less "green" it is, but this would require a lot of guidelines and installing chips in everything...

The other would be having a baseline for every type of product, like wattage that an inefficient one would use, and have a current meter that reads the draw for devices and rates it as better or worse than the baseline

either way there is going to be a lot of classification beforehand, and just a lot of work in general

War_Spigot

Feb 20, 2012
I understand English probably isn't your first language(since your location is Malaysia), but could you give something more along the lines of a paragraph. If not, could you do it in you native language(Malay? Malaysian? IDK) and let us put it in Google Translate? I think your choice of the word "detector" may be slightly off.

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
Detector means alat yang boleh mengesan sesuatu. I need to make a detector that will helps in like evergy saving or any detector that help to improve environment :)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Something like LED lights controlled by a PIR, so that the lights come on when you enter a room (or walk near the light) -- and LED for efficiency?

(I'm actually considering making something like that myself to place around the house to light my way at night)

If that's your meaning then you need to look for applications which needlessly use power when nobody's around, or when they're not needed.

Another idea form my own house is to switch off the airconditioner and switch on something to vent in outside air when the outside temperature is less then the inside temperature. The same thing could be done in reverse to provide heating.

Is that the sort of thing you're wanting to do?

vick5821

Jan 22, 2012
Something like LED lights controlled by a PIR, so that the lights come on when you enter a room (or walk near the light) -- and LED for efficiency?

(I'm actually considering making something like that myself to place around the house to light my way at night)

If that's your meaning then you need to look for applications which needlessly use power when nobody's around, or when they're not needed.

Another idea form my own house is to switch off the airconditioner and switch on something to vent in outside air when the outside temperature is less then the inside temperature. The same thing could be done in reverse to provide heating.

Is that the sort of thing you're wanting to do?

Ya!!! Correct!! Any circuits ? not involving microC

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Well, the simplest one would be a PIR controlled light.

THe other idea is trickier because the signal to turn it on and the airconditioner off would be outside temp < inside temp whereas the signal to turn it off is outside temp rising and inside temp close to outside temp. That is not entirely trivial to do.

Perhaps you can think of something else that may suit your needs (and environment) better.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I get:

The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

War_Spigot

Feb 20, 2012
Maybe use a low power op amp to see when something changes, that or just a transistor and a sensor.