Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Green Technology

neonelictro

Sep 30, 2022
Hi, fellow!
What do you know about green technology? I have an assignment from my work to write about this article, like "top 5 facts about" etc. I want to know more about this (not just from Wikipedia) but your personal opinion.
I'll be glad to hear the answer from you!

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
What do you know about green technology?
1. It's usually very expensive.
2. It's inevitably under developed.
3. It can't stand on its own two feet (economically i.e. usually requires subsidies)
4. It's nearly always over-stated in efficiency/effectiveness.
5. It's quite often not even green (if you check the whole life cycle).

Need any more? Obviously, putting any of that in your assignment will probably result in an 'F'........

neonelictro

Sep 30, 2022

OMG, bertus, thank you very much for so many links! I haven’t looked at all of them yet, but I’m already impressed that I can write a couple of paragraphs into my project. I've never heard about educypedia.karadimov, for real.​

Also, Keonte45 send me a few links like some people (their accounts don't have specific numbers idkw). It's links about what is green energy from twi-global and green technology from nerdyseal. I took a quick look at these resources and don't know exactly about them. If it will also be useful to someone, you can look and write a "review" (I will do this a little later).

kellys_eye said also very helped me, for he said how the cons of this task. Because not everything can be unambiguous and static. By type - green energy is good and positive. Of course, there should and can be downsides. As for a serious discussion of the topic, they fit perfectly into the structure.​

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Our earth's health is very good when we use green technology.
Crap.

Much of the 'green' industry relies heavily on rare earth materials and 'strip mining' for other resources needed to build lithium cells and solar panels. Then there's the absolute necessity for oil (lubrication for wind turbines) plastics (wind turbine blades) etc etc. 'Green' technology is an abject lie. There's nothing green about arriving at a green solution- true, the end result may be green(er) but the advocates for anything Green always fail to mention the realities of life and the processes that are needed to achieve it.

Open your eyes FFS.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
true, the end result may be green(er) but the advocates for anything Green always fail to mention the realities of life and the processes that are needed to achieve it.
Don't we know it down under at the moment...... only way out is to get rid of these boofheads before it breaks the country all together.