Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hall sensor ID

Sheyac

Jul 8, 2020
Hi

I'm trying to repair a food mixer where the speed of the motor is detected using a hall sensor.

I have eliminated the components other than the microcontroller or the hall sensor. I figured the hall sensor is easiest to replace first. The markings on it are 137 033a.

I have swapped it with one with markings of 137 OH33 but it seems the control board isn't registering it. I think it might be a pole issue?

I don't have a background in electronics, just an amateur.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Show details of the mixer and what the fault is ( if any) .

Sheyac

Jul 8, 2020
The fault is that it starts slow then speeds up uncontrollably quite quickly until it maxes out.

I figured the feedback loop that measures the speed failed, and it was either the hall sensor that is positioned very close to a doughnut shaped magnet on the drive shaft or its in the controller. Perhaps one of the 2 transistors is faulty on the control board too.

I measured +5vdc between 2 of the legs on the hall sensor. Not sure how to test the transistors or the microcontroller.

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
As above, show the details of the mixer...i.e. model, brand, spec sheet, schematics, photos, whatever you can lay your hands on.
If you want help, it's your job to do the ground work.