Maker Pro
Maker Pro

headphone jack to usb port

KhoC

Dec 9, 2012
hi
i need a cable which can convert headphone jack to usb standard port. like ipod shuffle cable. but i want to make it by myself. i didn't know much thing about usb and headphone jack input and output.
(i'm so sorry for my very bad english)

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
It's a lot of work, USB is a serial communications port, you want an analog audio signal two entirely different things... There is no 'easy' way to do the conversion it will require USB drivers on the computer side as as a micro inside the USB cable to act as a translator and handle the serial communications as well as convert the digital signal to an analog one... Basically you need to build a USB sound card...

Trust me when I say that the $1 dongles out of China are the way to go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-2-0...pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item5aebb8a839

KhoC

Dec 9, 2012
It's a lot of work, USB is a serial communications port, you want an analog audio signal two entirely different things... There is no 'easy' way to do the conversion it will require USB drivers on the computer side as as a micro inside the USB cable to act as a translator and handle the serial communications as well as convert the digital signal to an analog one... Basically you need to build a USB sound card...

Trust me when I say that the $1 dongles out of China are the way to go...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USB-2-0...pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item5aebb8a839
i didn't want to play music or other thing like this, i want to run comment from computer to a gadget with this port. can i use this sound card for that? i'm not sure but i think i can't.

CocaCola

Apr 7, 2012
i want to run comment from computer

Please elaborate as that makes little to no sense as written...

USB is a data port, the headphone jack is an audio port, they are two entirely different things you can't simply plug them together and expect something to happen...

KhoC

Dec 9, 2012
do you see iPod shiffle port?
for example, i want to transfer file with this port