Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Heart beat monitor Please help

THEPUNISHER

Feb 15, 2011
Hai,

Iam doing a project on Heart beat monitor.Nothing much just a project that produces sound in a speaker from the heart beat pulse..The project is without microcontrolelrs

But i wish to moddiify the project by also adding a additional counter along eith it.i.e a counter to count the no of heart beats per minute[it shud store and show values beat in a minute not more than tht]and display it in a seven segment display.

Can you tell me what i am supposed to do?

thanks in advance

this is my circuit
http://img151.imageshack.us/i/electronicsforyouprojec.jpg/

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
That would be a relativly simple task using a microcontroller as you are moddifying the project could you use one now??

Saying that it is of course possible to simulate without a microcontroller. I would build a timer (using a chrystal oscilator) that counts from 1-60 (in seconds) this can be done with binary counters etc.. i would then use flip flops to count the number of pulses and store them as a binary number. The original timer would be used as the start stop mechanism for the flip-flops. Once it has reached 60 the binary number within the flip-flop register can be converted into a decimal. However the amount of components needed to do it that way rather than a simple piece of coding on a microcontroller....

Is it for a project at school and the spec is not to use microcontrollers?

THEPUNISHER

Feb 15, 2011
That would be a relativly simple task using a microcontroller as you are moddifying the project could you use one now??

Saying that it is of course possible to simulate without a microcontroller. I would build a timer (using a chrystal oscilator) that counts from 1-60 (in seconds) this can be done with binary counters etc.. i would then use flip flops to count the number of pulses and store them as a binary number. The original timer would be used as the start stop mechanism for the flip-flops. Once it has reached 60 the binary number within the flip-flop register can be converted into a decimal. However the amount of components needed to do it that way rather than a simple piece of coding on a microcontroller....

Is it for a project at school and the spec is not to use microcontrollers?

Exactly.i am not supposed to use microcontroller .:(

could you plese the tell me the connection and all...?diagram i mean...i am in college...this is the first project i am doin g and i am just a beginner.

rob_croxford

Aug 3, 2010
I wont desing this for you (simply because it will stop you learning) however i am able to help you if u need.

Look up:
binary counters - specifically something like a digital clock.
SR Latch.
Flip-Flops (D-type)
and Binary Registers.

Have a look and try to understand how these different things work and then try and see how they could fit into your project. Come back here if u get stuck :)

THEPUNISHER

Feb 15, 2011
CAn someone give me an opinion about the circuit i have just uploaded ?do u thik it works?