Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Heat... In an electrical circuit and energy transformation.

Moha99

Nov 18, 2011
Hallo everyone!

Came back again with another thought! Now when energy is transformed from point A as mechanical to point B which is electricity there is an annoying guy called HEAT :mad:! Could be a blessing and could be a berden sometimes... When heat has no use it cases energy loss correct? because it is not used or anything.

I wonder where is heat exactly? Is it in the process of point A(Mechanical energy) or in point b(Electricity)? or BOTH?!

How is that heat calculated? I mean in degrees what is the expected amount if heat generated from the process of transforming energy?

Now when generating electricity for example...(More relative to this forum :p) If for example a certain amount of energy(in joules) is inputed in as mechanical energy lets say for example a simple very simple and low number 100Joules was added in the output WILL NEVER be higher unless there is another source of energy applied to it... But it can't be the same as well because there is loss correct? Due to countless effects like friction, resistance of any kind, and heat. If there was not any energy loss would could've got the same output correct? of 100J but due to that loss we could be lucky if we get 90J thus there is something called efficiency on most generators or transformers all of them have a certain energy loss.

But my concern is heat! how can i find where its generated? and how can i calculate it?

I like how HOT is a certain system is generating.

I know some could reach out to high degrees.

What physical law can i find the most common answers i think its law of thermo dynamics or conservation of energy one of them right?

Awaiting you most informative answers! :D

Last edited:

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
Heat is the random motion of molecules in matter. It is considered a loss because it cannot be efficiently converted back into useful energy. If you have a source of heat, you can extract energy from it, but it is limited in efficiency and depends on the difference in temparature between the source of the heat and the surrounding environment. The larger the temparature difference, the more efficiently you can extract energy. The Carnot engine is a theoretical device that does this, and it's maximum effiency can be calculated from basic physics.

Bob

Moha99

Nov 18, 2011
Heat is the random motion of molecules in matter. It is considered a loss because it cannot be efficiently converted back into useful energy. If you have a source of heat, you can extract energy from it, but it is limited in efficiency and depends on the difference in temparature between the source of the heat and the surrounding environment. The larger the temparature difference, the more efficiently you can extract energy. The Carnot engine is a theoretical device that does this, and it's maximum effiency can be calculated from basic physics.

Bob

I understand that part.

But what I ask about is how can i specifically calculate the heat in a system? And is that heat internal for example inside a generator or external? Things like that.

Moha99

Nov 18, 2011
Im also looking at heat transfer.

Gave me a lot of answers to many problems in my mind.