Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello everybody, thinking of buying this... What are your thoughts.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Now that I am "retired" even the 55 inch Sony is out of my price range.

Just went to the Regal theater at the Fairfield Mall in Beavercreek OH to watch Hillary's America on the "big screen" and was pleasantly surprised to find it was digitally projected in Sony 4K resolution. You could just barely tell, if you looked closely, that it wasn't 70mm film. So, yeah, I wouldn't mind having the 85 inch Sony in my living room to save the cost of two movie tickets (senior + adult = $21.45). Lessee... how many movies would I have to watch to equal the cost of the TV? Hmmm. About 373 movies... if I also had the media and a player or could stream them from Amazon or Netflix. No thanks. I think I will use the rest of my life to do something else.:cool:

Last edited:

Sunnysky

Jul 15, 2016
Free movies and TV seems to be limited to 1080p for now.
So 55" Hitachi 1080p on my PC or Android TV box with KODI and WMC for free local OTA digitalTV suits my needs.

Just a a coffee table between the TV and leather sofa which has 2 recliners, makes me feel like I have IMAX .

I'm sure 4K resolution content is very fine indeed. Just like cameras when they went from 2MPix to 8Mpix, not quite 4x as good. but twice as good at least in each direction.

Popcorn anyone?