Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello Everybody!

Michelleast

Jun 13, 2018
My name is Michelle, and before I start - I am not a native English speaker so do ignore my mistakes, please:)
I am a glass artist, but I also explore different mediums and techniques such as comics, animation, paper art and even electronic and kinetic art. And that's how I got here. I am on the process of learning a little bit more about electronics, motors, machinery and everything in between. Recently I have managed to build a very small ball mill for crashing glass - out of an old Hp printer (was quite a simple project, but I was still very proud to be able to build something that actually worked:), and I guess this made me hungry for more....

I am now working on my own zeotrope/phonotrope - I am building a medium sized, motorized wooden turntable and putting some glass animation above it, it's something I found online and quite amazed me - but I soon found out that building it the way I wanted to requires a bit of knowledge not only in machinery, but also in electronics, and I hope I can get it here.

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Welcome to EP, Michelle.

You'll find (or already may have found) that Art and Electronics go together quite well. We're looking forward to your contributions. Maybe showcase a project of yours?

Shalom,
Harald

Michelleast

Jun 13, 2018
Hi Harald, thank you very much for the warm welcome!
I will gladly share my phonotrope and some other projects I am working on. Right now I am in the process of finding all the electronic parts and understanding what's the best and safest way to build my machines.
Shalom from Israel:)
Michelle