Maker Pro
Maker Pro

HELLO I HAVE 360 CCTV CAMERA BULB NEED HELP

ABBAS123

Sep 28, 2022
MY CAMERA BULB FUSE RESISTOR IS BURNED I DO NOT KNOW THE VALUE OF RESISTOR I USED FOR WORK AGAIN KINDLY HELP ME OUT I SHARE PICTURE BELOW....U405aa86ec86144e38f78aead92bd1c29I.jpg

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
I would guess:
Green, Grey, Brown, Brown, Black. 5.81k ohms wire wound.
But I can’t be sure. Usually the last band (black) means wire wound and (white) refers to fusible.
But I must say that the fuse (resistor) is open circuit for a reason.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Not even sure if the value or colour bands are correct. Wait for a 2nd opinion.
Could be 2W or even 5W. Can you measure the length and width?. We might have a better guess.

Martin

ABBAS123

Sep 28, 2022
I bought 2w 100ohms fuse resister but only lights work and its bigger than old one.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Have you got a link to the specs of the camera? Ohms law might give a better fusible resistor value.
But, seems like something else in the unit has failed. Post more photos of both sides of the PCB.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
You need to check ‘DB’. And the surrounding solder joints. They look terrible. It’s probably the bridge rectifier.

Martin

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Have you checked the bridge rectifier?.
How does the light work? AC or DC?

Martin

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
As ever, fuses blow to protect the system when a fault occurs - doesn't matter if it's a 'real' fuse or a fusible resistor, it's still a 'fuse' and blows for a reason. Replacing it won't change anything - it'll just blow again until the fault is fixed.

It's value (I reckon it's 51 ohms) will be such as to limit switch-on surge which itself is as a result of the current being drawn by the circuitry and the value of the smoothing capacitor just under the bridge rectifier, presumably C1 (as I can't see the proper designation).

Typical faults to cause the fused resistor to blow include a blown rectifier ('DB'), shorted capacitor (C1) or further into the circuitry like the main controller chip (IC1).

Less often, the actual circuitry being powered by the power supply (one half of the board is power supply, the other is the 'rest' of the circuitry) can develop a fault and cause an overload BUT the controller IC (IC1) usually detects this and shuts the device down anyway so it's likely that everything else is OK and the fault is restricted to one of the parts in the previous paragraph.

Either way, it's going to be a pretty long and complicated repair for anyone not familiar with such - if you can source the parts and make the repair(s) then it's probably fixable but without experience you are likely to make more problems than you solve.

ABBAS123

Sep 28, 2022
As ever, fuses blow to protect the system when a fault occurs - doesn't matter if it's a 'real' fuse or a fusible resistor, it's still a 'fuse' and blows for a reason. Replacing it won't change anything - it'll just blow again until the fault is fixed.

It's value (I reckon it's 51 ohms) will be such as to limit switch-on surge which itself is as a result of the current being drawn by the circuitry and the value of the smoothing capacitor just under the bridge rectifier, presumably C1 (as I can't see the proper designation).

Typical faults to cause the fused resistor to blow include a blown rectifier ('DB'), shorted capacitor (C1) or further into the circuitry like the main controller chip (IC1).

Less often, the actual circuitry being powered by the power supply (one half of the board is power supply, the other is the 'rest' of the circuitry) can develop a fault and cause an overload BUT the controller IC (IC1) usually detects this and shuts the device down anyway so it's likely that everything else is OK and the fault is restricted to one of the parts in the previous paragraph.

Either way, it's going to be a pretty long and complicated repair for anyone not familiar with such - if you can source the parts and make the repair(s) then it's probably fixable but without experience you are likely to make more problems than you solve.
you are right but what is the solution

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Check DB. The bridge rectifier. If it’s short circuit, it will blow the fuse (resistor).

Martin

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
i think it will okay because i put another resistor that shows ok
The bridge (DB) may well have blown i.e. gone open-circuit which stops the fusible resistor from blowing..... or something else in the circuit isn't working i.e. IC1.

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
You said “the light works” “but nothing else”.
If the lights circuitry is not through the bridge and one or more diodes in the bridge are open circuit, anything fed from the bridge, will not function.
Check DB.

Martin