Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello to all

dizignit.jason

Jan 30, 2012
Hello to all. My name is Jason. I have been into electronics for many years. I somehow veered off and went in a different direction with my career and ideas. As I have now realized that I am not happy, I am in the process of going back and pursuing my original goals, interests and desires. I am looking forward to starting over and figuring out all of the things that I have apparently forgot and helping others execute their projects and ideas.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi Jason

welcome to the forums :)
I hope you find some topics of interest that you can contribute to :)

cheers
Dave

dizignit.jason

Jan 30, 2012
Thanks Dave. I have found a lot that has interested me already. I also have noticed that I do not know near what I thought I knew. You have a lot of bright people here and I feel I have a lot more experimenting to do before I will be able to fit in or be able to contribute here.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Relax, we all have our strengths. Whatever you've been off doing for many years may be relevant to someone here at some point.

Feel free to listen in, ask questions, and provide answers if and when you can. That's all you need to do to fit in. :)

I've had a very wide and varied career. Don't be surprised if knowledge of whatever you've been doing suddenly becomes relevant here. My experiences working in GIS for an oil exploration company have been surprisingly usefully applied to "in-silico" analysis of human DNA.

So... What have you been doing?

(And welcome to Electronics point)

dizignit.jason

Jan 30, 2012
I am actually in the process of a career change. I am currently a graphic designer. I recently started back to school to get my degree in IT with a concentration in programming. The past few weeks I have been trying to think of a good project that would serve as a refresher to get back into electronics with intensions of incorporating the two before I graduate.

zamilac

Mar 8, 2012
Hello Jason,

welcome to the forums
I hope you find some topics of interest that you can contribute to

donkey

Feb 26, 2011
hey jason, just a quick hi and also, you said you didn't know enough to make a contribution yet, well I reckon I have to be the noobiest guy on here and still when I know something I let people know. I figure it may save the hard questions for the higher ups.... and hopefully the higher ups can work on a teleportation device for me lol.
Glad to have you onboard