Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
I seem to have lost the thread we used to have for people to introduce themselves.

I'm making this one a sticky so that new members can find it easily and post a message here.

Note that there are some things that you can't do until you've got a few posts under your belt. So if you've come here with a burning desire to ask a question with an image/link, but can't until you post a message, here is the place to do it!

Welcome!

I'm Steve, currently the newest moderator here. I have a long-term interest in electronics (almost 40 years), but I am not formally employed in this field.

Since this is the introductions area, please feel free to start your own thread (it's good practice). If, for some reason you'd prefer not to, feel free to use this thread.

Last edited:

florinanghel

Jun 14, 2010
Hello fellow forumers,

I'm Florin, a Romanian student that is not trying to make a bomb. :D

I'm interested in all sorts of stuff, like blogging, game design, writing, magic, crafting, electronics (duh!) etc. You could call me undecided, but I prefer to call myself versatile.

AcroporaGuy

Jul 22, 2010
Hello all!

Hi- I'm Josh and I live in Nebraska, USA- right in the smack middle of nowhere. Im new to electronics- just started reading Electronics for Dummies the other day. The reason I'm getting into electronics is because it seems like it could greatly benefit my true hobby- Reef Aquariums. I might not be much around a circuitboard, but I'm a king of corals. I suppose the main reason that I'm getting into this is because I'll be dog-facked if I sink $3000 into an LED light fixture if I can train myself to build my very own light fixture complete with every other electronic bell and whistle my mind could ever hope to imagine being in an aquarium light. Heres the vision: a 2'x4' board FULL of LEDs glaring out a beutiful 14000k actinic blue. programmable for 5 different light intensities all at once, programmable to mimic the path of the sun across the sky, set turn on automatically at whatever time I wish, and set to automatically turn off at whatever time I desire. And all that during the day- the night is when things start getting interesting! By night, there's a deep blue moonlight to bathe my Favia, Zoanthids, and Acroporas in an otherworldly glow and casting the creatures of the deep night in the creepy aura they deserve. Also wired to communicate with the light over my algea turf scrbber. And I think it'd be sweet to build a submersible robot to clean the areas of the tank I cant reach. Clean, and use its little camera to check out whatever's growing behind the rocks. Then have him come back up to the surface and tell me in a mid-1800 british accent- "Alls well guv'na!" I've got a fun imagination.

Thats the dream- till then, I'm stuck trying to get a tiny bulb to glow a little with a battery and a few wires scavenged from the corpse of a dead flashlight. All the help I can get is appreciated.

dotrs

Dec 28, 2010
Hello everyone. I am Adam from Manchester, England. I am interested in music, photography, coffee, climbing, snowboarding, computers, doing things the hard way and all sorts of geekery. I have finally decided to try to finish all the odd ends of projects left incomplete over the years and I hope to find some useful information here. Wish me luck : )

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Good luck!

Low Voltage

May 18, 2011
Greetings to everyone!

Hello,

I have been in the Industrial Electronics Repair field for over 40 years. If I can be of assistance concerning a problem with your CNC Control or any other Industrial electronic equipment, please give me a shout.

My hobby interests:

(1) Dr. Stifflers Spatial Energy Coherence (SEC) circuits.

(2) Collidial Silver generation

Happy soldering,

Later, Low Voltage.

aiden

May 19, 2011
Hi, Hello everybody, I come from Shenzhen, China, international trade in electronic products, to a lot of attention

jackorocko

Apr 4, 2010
Hello to everyone. I am a self proclaimed electrician. I use that term loosely!!! I was introduced to electricity by my grandfather and father. Both where very knowledgeable about basic electrical concepts.

I really like the idea of electronics and cool analog circuits. I have built a few hobby amplifiers in the past few years. That is where I decided that what I was truly passionate about was the design of such circuits and how a few volts and amps can do so much in a controlled manner.

On a side note, I been looking to buy "the art of electronics" book, but I am real hesitant to pay $100 bucks for a book. I heard that buying the international version is a sure fire way to get a discount and still the same great book. Is this true? Should I look for a used version? Anyone have an extra they want to get rid of??? Hit me up with a pm if you can help me out, thanks in advanced.

Great to be here and have been here :)

akorcovelos

Jul 30, 2011
Hi everyone, I'm Tony, introducing myself so I can post some pics as I attempt to repair a broken treadmill. Electronics is an area I have lots of room to improve on, and this seemed like a good place to start!

vinod chandran

Jun 21, 2011
Hi All,
I am Vinod chandran. i am from kerala the southern most state of INDIA. I love electronics. but i'm not working in this field. Basically i'm interested in audio circuits but i like light related circuits too.

bcar11559

Oct 31, 2011
Hi all,

My real name is Barry. I'm based in Dublin Ireland and studied electrical engineering at university. I recently decided to build a few hobby projects and found myself needing to use this forum! I am interested in power electronics, microcontrollers and electrical machines.

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi Barry,
Welcome to the forums :)

Hope you find them of interest

cheers
Dave

Kerberus_closed

Nov 2, 2011
Hi. I'm interested in making LED sculptures using photovoltaics and also using wireless signals to modulate the patterns of LED illumination, far down the road, hopefully.