Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Hello, Welcome! (Introduce yourself)

Yeoh61

Jun 8, 2022
Hello, good day to all. I am a new member and hope to learn something here. Tq.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Hello, good day to all. I am a new member and hope to learn something here. Tq.
Welcome, there are some good guys on here. Clear photos and accurate detailed descriptions help.
Not much from me though as I am an old newbie.

Michael Studio1

Jan 5, 2018
I am Michael. I'm too old to be messing around with things which I remember being invented - the Transistor when in 2nd Form (Kings School Peterborough) but it's fun. Most of my life has been in Music, one way or another from Cathedral Chorister and Chorister in the Kings Chapel of the Savoy to working with the LPO or Orch. of the Age of Enlightenment - all Opera-based at Glyndebourne where I tuned Pianos and Harpsichords. Now Very Much Retired and fiddling with electronic things that go wrong. Many years ago I was in Vancouver BC working for the BC Tel. Co. installing carrier equipment, then maintaining it. Those were my Vacuum Tube ECC83 days. Then I recorded Opera and Classical Orchestral Concerts first with Reel-to-Reel NAB recorders then Digital Tape using mostly a Sound-Field or a selection of ElectroVoice Mics (RE55's and RE20's etc.) Those were my 'Tape days'. Now I'm in my 'Salad days' trying not to drop tomatoes and lettuce in the Video Recorder. Ha-Ha! . . . I've always been interested in electronics but am usually hard-pressed to come up with those simple satisfactory conclusions!

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
I am Michael. I'm too old to be messing around with things which I remember being invented -

never too old for messing around with electronics :)
good to hear from you and enjoy the forums

cheers
Dave

zaidsab

Nov 27, 2022
Hi- In the middle of nowhere, in Nebraska, is where I call home. My name is Josh. I recently began reading Electronics for Dummies because I'm new to electronics. I'm going into electronics since it appears to have a lot to offer my real pastime, reef aquariums. I may not be very good around a circuit board, but I rule the corals.

KingWhiskers

Apr 6, 2020
Welcome Josh. I like the sound of reef aquariums. I am still on the Electronics for dummies stage. Some good guys on here who will help you out.

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
Hello,

@Delta Prime , Welcome over here.
I have seen you more often at All About Circuits , wich is the partner site of this site.
Hope you also like it over here.

Bertus
Thank you for the welcome it's been a while I'm starting to like it over here. I'm here for a good time not a long time as before I'll see myself out.
Thank you.
Hello everyone!

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Thank you for the welcome it's been a while I'm starting to like it over here. I'm here for a good time not a long time as before I'll see myself out.

I'm sure I can perceive a joke there about "happy endings", but I don't wish to make it.

Welcome!

Delta Prime

Jul 29, 2020
I'm already there different persona I almost give it away I use my powers for good not evil. Think of it like chess three steps ahead with the technology against technology. I know I got to get a life. Forensics perhaps. Hint hint. It was a good run... to everything there is a season. Besides they enjoy scratching their heads.
Almost forgot rule of thumb always got to edit.
For the wizards behind the curtain... you guys are good really good.

Lumii_20210315_040313224.png

Last edited:

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Welcome Rizwan,
Start a new post with any problems you have and the forum members will help you.

Martin

ParticalCan

Feb 19, 2023
Greetings, Steve, and fellow electron ranchers, herders, hoarders.
My name is Jason, I'm somewhere closer to 50 yes Old, and my passion for electronics ebbs closer to being an obsession, and it's a thrilling adventure, that I'm looking forward to spending much more time with.
I was a passive business partner with a friend, together we had a small electronics repair business, while my friend was the technologist, he was not the business guy, and things met with a rather bitter end. Money lost and separate ways.

I have very little to speak of inbthe way of the fundamental understandings of Electrical Theory, and am now investing in Source Material by which to learn things I wish I would have found opportunity to learn 30 years ago, so over the next short while, I forsee Books coming my way.
My passion came about after I got board with building custom Comouters, and doing rudimentary circuit repair, simply grunt soldering, which I was okay with. I desired to build my own innovations and discovered a world that has a depth that seems to be endless.
I'm thankful to have a place dedicated to the craft.
At the moment, and forbthe past 2 years, I have been healing from a complicated accident, which broke my body and left me with some brain damage. So reading and collecting gear is where I am at, however I have been able to increase my cognitive expenditure and am now looking to begin more bread boarding.
I have a number of projects that I've been wrestling with and am at the point where it's time to begin putting thing into circuits.

With not having a vast understanding, on top of being new to the community, I will have lurk around to seek and discover topics that are my pace. At this point I have far more questions than answers. At some point, when I discover the appropriate place and time to do so, I will share the aspects of the project I'm working up to proceeding with. As I'm at a cross roads with how to accomplish a few aspects.
I'm playing bread boards, Arduinos, and truck loads of gear that I can salvage to a large extent, and have a rather unhealthy hoard of components from the "parting of ways".
Anyways to spare any further blah-blah, blah-blah.
Thank you!!