Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help a blind man in electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Canada and most of the rest of the world uses the Imperial pint, 20fl oz.
I figured the US changed it to 16oz to match the same number of oz's in the US pint. as 16 oz's to the Lb weight.?
M.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Yes, I would think the triangle common ground would be the appropriate symbol.
Yeah, and you can put symbols inside the triangle symbol to denote analog ground, digital ground, power-line ground, signal ground, antenna ground, Angus beef ground (my favorite)... ad infinitum. Grounds can be very creative.

Make me wonder how many people have driven ground rods into the earth trying to satisfy the ground symbols.
What! I didn't have to do that? What am I gonna do with that eight feet of copperweld steel rod, laboriously buried in the backyard as part of a counterpoise for my end-fed inverted "L" amateur radio antenna? That was quite a chore until I realized it could be driven vertically instead of laid horizontally eight feet deep.

A pint is a measurement of volume not weight. A liquid US pint does equal 16fl oz.
"A pint's a pound" refers to the fact that a US pint of water weighs (about) one pound, as do most edible things packaged in pint jars of density similar to water. It's just a rough "rule of thumb" with no legal definition AFAIK. More than you ever wanted to know about pint measure can be found here.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
"A pint's a pound" refers to the fact that a US pint of water weighs (about) one pound, .
It was the 'World around' that I had the issue with.;)
The way I learnt it was 'A pint of water is a Lb and a quarter'.:)
M.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
The saying should ring true then.
A (liquid US) pints a pound(US), and a (liquid imperial) pints a pound (imperial).

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Good thing we don't use Mason Jars filled with water as a mass standard. "A pint's a pound the world around" may only be true depending on where in the world you happen to be and to which pint you are referring. The current-day English (Great Britain) definition of a pint being 20 ounces lends credence to your recollection that a "pint of water is a Lb and a quarter."

BTW, the circuit as drawn does not identify the amplifier output as pin 5.

Tha fios agaibh

Aug 11, 2014
"A pint's a pound" refers to the fact that a US pint of water weighs (about) one pound, as do most edible things packaged in pint jars of density similar to water. It's just a rough "rule of thumb" with no legal definition AFAIK.
Yep, That's why they stipulate "liquid" or "fluid". So just saying pint by itself means area. If I have 2 pint containers, one filled with molasses and the other with cotton candy, they are going to weigh quite differently.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
The saying should ring true then.
A (liquid US) pints a pound(US), and a (liquid imperial) pints a pound (imperial).
Not sure I follow, the US pint of water is 16fl oz and the Imp pint of the same is 20Fl oz .
The Imp Lb is 16oz.
The Imperial pint is used in many places of the world mainly due to a left over from Imperial Britain. which covered 1/4 of the earths surface and a 3rd of its peoples.
Getting a little off track to the OP!:oops:
M.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Yep, That's why they stipulate "liquid" or "fluid". So just saying pint by itself means area. If I have 2 pint containers, one filled with molasses and the other with cotton candy, they are going to weigh quite differently.
You could pack the cotton candy down to the density of molasses to make the weight the same while filling the same volume of container... just saying. Anyone besides me and my wife notice how the "standard" one pound can of food is now less than a pound and the cost is either the same or more than before? Didn't the marketing bozos realize they could save even more money by shrinking the container too?

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
Anti-clockwise actually (unless you have one of those joke clocks :)).

I was using electron clockwise, not conventional clockwise.

It's a southern hemisphere thing. (And by "southern hemisphere", I mean "jet lag").

Status
Not open for further replies.