Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help connecting Firecom UH-1 headset to Xbox 360

Cjpod

Jan 4, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg Hey guys I'm unsure if this is the right place for this but here goes.

I have a fire com uh-1 headset from an old fire engine that I would like to use for my Xbox 360. I'm not sure where to solder the 6 wires from the headset to the 2.5 mm stereo plug.

Thank you

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
Hi there and welcome to Electronics Point :)

I've been unable to find any technical documentation on the UH-1. It looks like it's obsolete now. There is documentation on other UH- series devices but it doesn't tell you which wire is which; it only covers the original plug:

UH series plug.png
If you want to figure out which wire is which, you'll either have to dismantle the headset and find out where each wire goes (and upload photos) or try to figure it out using a multimeter and a battery. Do you have a multimeter and do you know how to use it?

Cjpod

Jan 4, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg I do have a multimeter and can operate it without too much difficulty. I also had taken the headset apart a few days ago having the same idea to figure what goes where unfortunately that just led to more confusion because of the number of wires entering and then changing color.
Thank you for your reply

Cjpod

Jan 4, 2015
Also the headset may be an uh-10 instead based on the original plug.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 170

KrisBlueNZ

Sadly passed away in 2015
Nov 28, 2011
OK. Take a methodical approach.
  1. Take a photo of each component inside the headset. This will be the earphone, the volume control, and the microphone, right?
  2. Edit the photos to add a number beside each terminal.
  3. Make a list of the wire colours at the plug end of the cable. Then take them one at a time.
  4. For each wire, follow the colour to inside the headset, through the wire-to-wire connector(s) if applicable, and note what terminal of what component it connects to.
  5. Upload your photos and the list here, or you may be able to figure it out for yourself.