Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help identify parts

AndyD

Jun 21, 2017
I am sorting my father's extensive collection of electronic and mechanical parts after his passing. Can anyone help tell me what these are, and if they have any value/usefulness? And, if so, connect me with

who can use them? I am not electronically minded! Thanks in advance for any assistance
IMG_3397 (1).jpg .IMG_3398.JPG IMG_3399.JPG

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
From left to right:
1: ferrite antenna. Could be used to build an AM radio. Not a valuable article (new for a few cents).
2. vaccum tube (valve) probably rather used and no longer very useful. Definitely not useful for a novice. Maybe useful for someone dabbling in antique electronics. You'd have to post the full inscription which is not well visible from the photo.
3. I'm sorry, I don't know.

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
The valve could be an EF50 or EF54. Is there a number on it? It is Philco which is part of Philips.

The third picture is that of a sealed four pole change over relay. Very posh!
It may have its working voltage on the other side.

AndyD

Jun 21, 2017
From left to right:
1: ferrite antenna. Could be used to build an AM radio. Not a valuable article (new for a few cents).
2. vaccum tube (valve) probably rather used and no longer very useful. Definitely not useful for a novice. Maybe useful for someone dabbling in antique electronics. You'd have to post the full inscription which is not well visible from the photo.
3. I'm sorry, I don't know.

Thank you!

AndyD

Jun 21, 2017
Thank you- here is an image of the other side. The end says D14E. And what to do with them? There are several of the change over relays (5+?) I have a box of 100 of the ferrite antennae and maybe 50+ vacuum tubes, "new" but old. I saw some being sold in lots on ebay. Thank you for your responses.
IMG_3401.JPG

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
The relay are to aircraft standard and the asking price is $50. I Googled rbm 22301.

Sort the valves into types. Do not rub the glass to get a good reading. It is better to cool the valve in a fridge and then look at it when there is condensation.
I do not think there will be much interest in valves with that base.(B8A)

AndyD

Jun 21, 2017
The relay are to aircraft standard and the asking price is $50. I Googled rbm 22301.

Sort the valves into types. Do not rub the glass to get a good reading. It is better to cool the valve in a fridge and then look at it when there is condensation.
I do not think there will be much interest in valves with that base.(B8A)

Thanks again- great help!
A.