Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help identifying a connector type/name

mchlanglo

May 16, 2020
I need to extend a 12 pin ribbon cable roughly 24 inches for a project I'm working on. I was just going to cut and solder everything, but thought I'd see if I can just obtain a jumper to suit my needs first. I don't really know how to search for the jumper I need though, and I'm hoping someone out there can help (this is probably a really simple thing, I'm just not well versed enough to figure it out on my own:().

I need to extend the connection about 24 inches.

Male connector is 24.5mm long by about 3mm and looks like this:

MaleFront.jpeg
Back.jpeg
Female.jpeg

Any help in identifying would be greatly appreciated!

mchlanglo

May 16, 2020
ah...so here is where I was hoping to benefit from the expertise of this forum:) What is pitch and how do I measure it? I've seen loads of conversations here referencing pitch, but haven't been able to deduce exactly what that is...

mchlanglo

May 16, 2020
So, my digital caliper says 1.95mm between pins, is that a common pitch?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
I'd imagine 2.0mm would be standard.
What do you get as an average of the 12 pins..?
Remember that's only 11 spaces.

There are thousands of different types even without counting oem stuff.
One could start with Molex range.

AS an outside the box idea, one could get any 12 pin plug and socket, snip your existing lead and make the extension for the middle.

Last edited:

mchlanglo

May 16, 2020
So it is 2mm... 22mm between first and last pin. The connector looks a lot like the molex sherlock, but I don't think it is....not finding anything else on the molex site that even looks like it.

Is there a company out there that anyone knows of that can make a custom jumper ribbon if I send pics/specs?