Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help identifying connector

zephed666

Jan 22, 2020
Hello:

I am a total newbie with electronics and am trying to identify the connectors used for a wire that corroded so I can replace them. The wire is 22 AWG stranded.
I have attached a picture of the plastic connector as well as the metal connection that goes inside of it. It is a two pin connection with a little clip on it to lock it in palce...
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!

Attachments

• corroded.JPG
    corroded.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2pin.JPG
    2pin.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 20

zephed666

Jan 22, 2020
Hi and welcome :)

they are very common

Molex are one manufacturer that make that style of connect
look on digikey and similar places

Is there a specific name for these connectors or they're just common connectors?

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

Looking at the connector, it more looks like burned.
It could be due to a to high current or a loose connection.

Bertus

zephed666

Jan 22, 2020
Hello,

Looking at the connector, it more looks like burned.
It could be due to a to high current or a loose connection.

Bertus
Yeah, Took it apart and the wire is corroded inside. The burned side actually has continuity still the other one does not.
Just want to replace since it was in a wet area. Bad design if you ask me. Want to run a longer wire to keep out of the wet area...

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Hello:

I am a total newbie with electronics and am trying to identify the connectors used for a wire that corroded so I can replace them. The wire is 22 AWG stranded.
I have attached a picture of the plastic connector as well as the metal connection that goes inside of it. It is a two pin connection with a little clip on it to lock it in palce...
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you!

Could be a mini jst.....

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/260272565...MI0vK4yKiY5wIVkjUrCh2foQa-EAQYBSABEgK1tvD_BwE