Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help identifying film capacitor on old amp board

Michael Kiggins

Jun 8, 2017
I'm trying to find components for an old amp board, but i'm having trouble identifying some of the components. I have attached an image of the capacitor.
If you can't open image it says
21912 P653
u47 K 630 L2

Please help.

Thanks

Attachments

• film capacitor.jpg
    film capacitor.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 95

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
630V rating and is 0.47 ufd . . . . . any vacuum tubes involved ? . . .or possibly just beinhg AC line related, if the unit is solid state.

Michael Kiggins

Jun 8, 2017
No vacuum tubes. This board is 17 years old. It is using high heat transistors for power switching instead of mosfets. If that helps identify the age of the board. This is pulled out of an old MRI machine. I have leaky capacitors, so I decided i'm going to swap all the capacitors and transistors while I have the board pulled. Its a lot of over kill, but I don't want it to fail again in the near future.

Michael Kiggins

Jun 8, 2017
How do you know the voltage is AC? I can send a pic of the front and back of the whole board if that would help.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Michael Kiggins . . . . .

In those passing 17 years, looks like Siemens has almost, if not totally dropped out of that family of capacitor.

Seems like Panasonic has the industry favor now, with you wanting to use their RF and Microwave polypropylene version instead of the conventional standard polyester film dielectric.

Especially . . . for the more exacting demands imposed by your particular equipment’s design.

You say . . . .
How do you know the voltage is AC?

Until i saw your later photos,I thought that they also had a possibility of being used across an AC power input for filtering.
Now, I see them handling high frequency and high current power circuitry.
The rating is 630 VDC

Referencing :

http://www.mouser.com/Panasonic/Pas...apacitors/_/N-9x371?P=1z0wquaZ1yzvjj0Z1yp7zip

73's de Edd