Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help Identifying Three Pin Connector

Leggyownz

Feb 7, 2017
Hello,
I have a connector that I need help identifying. Normally I am pretty good at finding the connector I need but I can't seem to find this one. Maybe I'm not looking correctly. If someone could find it and also tell me how you found it. That would be very much appreciated. Picture attached for reference. As you can see there are two large pins with one small off centered pin.

The connector was attached to a camera atop a microscope. The shipping company we hired didn't bother to unplug anything. I had to add heat shrink to a fiber optic cable that got bent and broke the cover. Amazingly the fiber optic cable was still working. It was nearly bent 90 degrees. I also had a Micro USB 3.0 cable that got bent and broken but that was easy to find as the brand name was labeled on the cable. Link to that at the bottom for funsies just because it looks kind of cool.
https://www.ntcdistributing.com/usb...ing-to-micro-b-m-with-screw-locking-1m-3m-5m/

Attachments

• noname (4).jpg
    noname (4).jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 67

Harald Kapp

Nov 17, 2011
Googling "connector 3 pin round" and viewing the image results gives a lot of similar looking connectors. Without a reference to the size of teh original connector no clear choice can be made.

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
I would say it is either a ITT Cannon M-XL series or 3pin Mini-Din style, probably the latter.
Search DigiKey may help.
M.

Leggyownz

Feb 7, 2017
Well, you both managed to help. Harald, the link you posted with your google search actually had it, second row 6th picture. Although this could be different for you because of suggested results from google. I didn't see it in my google search as I wasn't searching "round".

Minder you got it right with the Mini Din. I thought all Din connectors had the rectangle block in it but you learn something new everyday. I did try digikey earlier but now that I know its a din connector that should help me narrow the results.

Learned a bit from this experience and that's what truly matters. Thanks to you both!