farrokh

Oct 28, 2015
hi

i have bought a micro motor in this details:

voltage : 3.7 v
RPM :55000
No-Load current : 40mA

L1418037337228245.jpg

and i want to buy a micro controller can directly run this motor but in lightest weight and smallest size can be choosen

what is your suggestions?

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Do you need a μp or will a 555 be sufficient using PWM, there are various options for μp, I tend to favour Picmicro products.
M.

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
... i want to buy a micro controller can directly run this motor but in lightest weight and smallest size can be choosen

what is your suggestions?
The 40 mA no-load current requirement is too large for a micro controller to directly run your motor. The actual current under load will be higher. You will need some sort of interface circuit between the micro controller and the motor. Please tell us what you want to do with this motor so we can recommend something. Will it run in both directions? WIll it be connected to a gear-train? Details, please. Also, why would you purchase this from a website in Iran when China has so many manufacturers of small motors like this?

farrokh

Oct 28, 2015
The 40 mA no-load current requirement is too large for a micro controller to directly run your motor. The actual current under load will be higher. You will need some sort of interface circuit between the micro controller and the motor. Please tell us what you want to do with this motor so we can recommend something. Will it run in both directions? WIll it be connected to a gear-train? Details, please. Also, why would you purchase this from a website in Iran when China has so many manufacturers of small motors like this?

Thank you for your reply,
I want to use this motor on a flyable object, it will runs in one direction. As well as it will be connected to an airscrew. in this project it is important that all things be very light. what is interface circuit to need? how can i make it? moreover, How to understand maximum current that can load this type of motor?
With Best

Last edited:

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
Why do you need a micro controller?
I would think a SMT version of a 2n7000 could be used as a driver.
Do you want to run flat out, or control rpm?
M.

farrokh

Oct 28, 2015
M.

Dear Minder
I want to use microcontroller to control rpm.
Sorry, my field is physics and have not enough knowledge about it. please explain more on your suggestion. what is SMT?

CDRIVE

Hauling 10' pipe on a Trek Shift3
May 8, 2012
SMT means "S"urface "M"ount "T"echnology but compared to the weight of your motor I wouldn't be concerned about the weight of driver transistors. It's like comparing a freight locomotive with a Minicooper.

I don't think your going to find any uC that's intended to drive that motor directly.

Chris

hevans1944

Hop - AC8NS
Jun 21, 2012
Thank you for your reply,
I want to use this motor on a flyable object, it will runs in one direction. As well as it will be connected to an airscrew. in this project it is important that all things be very light. what is interface circuit to need? how can i make it? moreover, How to understand maximum current that can load this type of motor?
With Best
Sounds ambitious if you are building a single rotor helicopter. OTOH if its a quad-copter, there are control packages available that make it almost a no-brainer to build a flyable platform. You will need to experiment with various air screws (propellers or ducted fans) to determine how much current your motor requires at various rpm settings.

BobK

Jan 5, 2010
M.
Why use a 2N7000 with 10Ω on resistance when you can get parts with 0.1Ω on resistance for well under $1? The 2N7000 is a small signal MOSFET, not a power MOSFET.

Bob

Minder

Apr 24, 2015
This is why, I have used it for trivial current uses such as relays and a motor that draws that low current.
Not 10Ω, BTW.
M.

Attachments

• FET2n7000.pdf
    831 KB · Views: 80