Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help Making an RF controlled relay!

jordan84

Mar 6, 2013
So I need to make circuit that will run off 240v. There will be a transmitter and receiver end.
The principle is that when the transmitter end receives power it gives out a fixed rf signal that in turn the receiver end is constantly waiting for. When the receiver detects it, it needs to activate a 240v relay, and vice versa when the signal stops drop the relay...

Also, how would each end be programmed if you will to the right frequency and how would i change it?

Any help on to what the circuits would look like on each end would be appreciated!

Jordan

duke37

Jan 9, 2011
You do not say over what distance this needs to work.

A wireless door bell may do what you want. It will need a low power supply to replace the door push and the receive end will need a power supply and replacement of the sounder with a relay driver circuit..

What do you mean by a 240V relay? Does it have a 240V coil (AC or DC?) or is it to switch 240V at some indeterminate current?
How often will the relay be switched?

jordan84

Mar 6, 2013
Thanks for your reply.

Distance of about 20m Max I'd say.

The doorbell Idea you mention is quite reasonable and I will give it go, But im hoping to make two small circuits from scratch which i can replicate rather than acquiring from existing products, and keep it all at 240v without the need to step it down.

For the relay, I mean when the receiver gets the RF signal, It needs to switch on a 240v AC device up to 150w watts on and keep it on until the signal is gone.

Im not that experienced in this area so any pointers would be appreciated.

jordan84

Mar 6, 2013
Bob, Thanks for your reply.

You've given me a good insight; I've found similar products to what you've shown and Im going to give that a go and modify them!