Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help me chose my first oscilloscope!

NEoX

Aug 12, 2018
Hi! I'm new here on forum!

So, I'm a student of electrical engineering 8) and I want to buy an oscilloscope to learn more about stuff and have in mind some projects to do. At the moment I'm working on project "supervision of pellet furnace" with ESP8266 and automatic refilling. For that project I build my own schematic and board, but it has some problems and I want to debug it.
So I need an oscilloscope, and also in next semester I have a course about oscilloscope and measure.

My budget is 450€ max!

1. I was looking at some models like Rigol ds1054z but i don't know if this scope is best buy for that money in 2018. (I will unlock to 100MHz if still can and all other things like I2C,RS232...)

2. My main interest is digital electronic/microcontrollers/serial comunications (I2C,UART,RS232....)

3. I want to buy a product that I can use for long, long time as a student and to do hobby stuff with it and maybe one day for work

Please suggest me some oscilloscopes that will last.

Thanks!

Sorry if this topic doesn't belong here.

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Please suggest me some oscilloscopes that will last.
'Scopes are like PC's these days. Buy one 'today' and you'll find one with better specifications (and probably cheaper) this time next year!

That said, there are some very good choices out there and many sources for advice:

http://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/October2016_Choosing-Oscilloscopes

is but one Googled option.

Try reading the article and see if your own demands are met by anything they recommend.