Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help me identify this part?

sndscientist

Jul 10, 2013
i'm going through a few boxes of stuff i was given many years ago during a repair shop cleanout. shop closed around 72' it's not showing resistance or capacitance on my meter. in case the colors don't show up right it's "Wide band silver" Red, Gold, Red, silver. last 4 bands are normal sized, the first silver is the only triple wide band. i have many of these things with many different values i just need to know what they are20150302_081303_zpslxtwt5ff.JPG

shrtrnd

Jan 15, 2010
All my 1970's era components that look like that are inductors. I don't remember the color-band/decimal point/multiplier configuration code.
Since you have a lot of them, Google inductor color code, and get the chart to identify their different inductance values.

TorontoBob

Oct 6, 2013
i'm going through a few boxes of stuff i was given many years ago during a repair shop cleanout. shop closed around 72' it's not showing resistance or capacitance on my meter. in case the colors don't show up right it's "Wide band silver" Red, Gold, Red, silver. last 4 bands are normal sized, the first silver is the only triple wide band. i have many of these things with many different values i just need to know what they areView attachment 18997

The wide silver band, means it is to military specificiations. Then it is 2, the gold stands for the decimal place, another 2, and the tolerance, so its a 2.2uh 10% inductor. This was one scheme for under 10uh inductors.