Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help modifying a schematic

Gurrier

Oct 16, 2011
I am planning to modify and build this circuit, it is essentially a Walkie-Talkie and therefore needs to transmit and receive audio. Unless I am mistaken this is achieved by switching all four of the arrows from r (receive) to t (transmit). I would like the circuit to be in normally receive mode and only change when a PTM is pressed. I have considered using relays and a variety of transistor circuits to do this but I would like this circuit to be relatively small therefore multiple DPDT relays is not ideal, is there any other way of doing this? Also I am a little confused about the inductor just below the antenna, I was going to make a ferrite core inductor unless anyone can direct me to a component I could buy with the correct number of coils.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• WalkieTalkieWithLM386.gif
    WalkieTalkieWithLM386.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 184

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Hi Gurrier.
Is this not what a transceiver does, stand by ( RX ) transmit ( TX ) your receiving on the unit by default until you push the PTT button / switch.

Or do you want remote operation of the unit ?.
Not sure where or if you can go smaller than a PTT switch, some relays are tiny.
Or SMD components maybe.
Dave. :)
PS, Welcome to the forum. :)

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
The transmit and receive switching isnt a problem
Yes it would normally be in receive and you push the switch to put it into transmit
thats the usual way

Have a look around the switches that will have a spring return built into them, they are available. with that you will achieve what you want just using 1 switch with multiple contacts :) no need for relays at this stage

Element14 aka Farnell have toggle switched that are 3 pole 2 position with a momentary action ( the momentary is the spring return that I spoke of above)

the model 5252B should be the one

cheers
Dave

Last edited:

Gurrier

Oct 16, 2011
Thank you very much for the replies and sorry this is late but I was away. Anyway I do not have the facilities for SMD and also I was hoping that I could use a single PTM switch for the call button rather then a toggle. However I was wondering whether I could use analogue switches for this as an alternative to relays but I have never used these before and am unsure of how they work.

davelectronic

Dec 13, 2010
Possibly a change over contacts switch, round button, non latching.
Dave. :)