Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help needed, circuit board design

skitter0

Jan 14, 2013
Hello all,

Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this post and secondly I hope I'm not breaking any rules with my the following request.

I'm studying design and innovation in college and as part of one of my project I'd like to make a working prototype but as I've never studied electronics I'm having a few problems.
So I'd like to pay someone to design and build a circuit board for me.

The circuit board is mainly a timing circuit with a few bits added on.It would do the following.

1. Circuit is switched on with a LED to indicate.
2. A random number generator 5-10 seconds, switches LED off and starts a digital timer.
3. A push button switches timer off and time taken is displayed.
4. Circuit resets itself 15 seconds after displaying result and LED turns back on.

There would be no need to worry about housing for the circuit board as I'd probably use it to learn and experiment with. But a diagram would be needed. Also it would need to be battery powered and if possible nothing more than 9v.

I hope this makes sense and again thanks for taking the time to read this post.
I'll continue to read about 555 chips in the hope that I'll stumble across a reaction timer circuit that could suit.

If anybody is interested please PM and we can take it from there.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
So you'd like us to design and build the circuit for you.

Would you like us to prepare full documentation too?

Perhaps if you could give us the details of your class, we could apply for credit in your place?

pwdixon

Oct 14, 2012
Rather than paying for something special why not buy a microcontroller development board with the required buttons, leds and displays and program it yourself, it sounds like a relatively simple piece of code and the board itself shouldn't cost more than about £100 which has got to be less than anyone will be able to provide as a special. It also means that you won't invalidate any college rules on getting someone else to do your homework.

skitter0

Jan 14, 2013
Steve, the course I'm doing is a product design and innovation course, its not electronics. I've spoke to my tutor about my design and he has happy for me to just use detailed drawing as my prototypes and he has agreed that as electronics are my weakness, I can just call it a "blackbox" meaning I don't have to know how it works and that if this was a real life project it would just be out sourced. But at the end of the day I still would like to have a working prototype and that's why I'm here. The electronic module is only one part of my product design its not the full project.

Pwdixon, thanks for your reply, your right it would be of more benefit if I was able to learn it for myself but as its not required its more for my curiosity so its hard to prioritize ahead of other study. But if could point me in the direction of some websites or tutorials, I'll start going through them.

Thanks

pwdixon

Oct 14, 2012
MikroElektronika do these types of development boards for PICs and do have a free compiler for limited use that might do the job.