Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help Needed To Build A Device

Dongagon

Jan 14, 2022
I am hoping that this is the right place to post this. If it is not, I would appreciate any help in where a more appropriate place or forum would be. I need some help in putting together the below list of materials and turning it into a functional device. I am expecting to and willing to pay for any help that I receive, I am not looking for free help.
The device is intended to passively listen for a specific sound and it would need to be programmed to listen for that specific sound (like a dog bark, a car backfiring, etc).
Once it hears that specific sound it would activate a light, emit sound and fire the onboard water cannon in a specific direction as aimed by the user. It would activate (light, sound, water) for 2-3 seconds then revert back to a passive listening mode. This iteration of the device could be built atop a a 5 gallon bucket or something similar that could hold the water for the water cannon. In lieu of a specific battery setup, I would be happy to utilize any "off the shelf" battery at this stage of development. I just need a "proof of concept" device at this point.
If anything is unclear I will do my best to clear it up and I look forward to input and feedback. Please see my current Bill of materials below, that is very open to changes and modifications!
Thanks much and I am truly hoping to get some help!

Sensor Sentry Current BOM

1 Microphone 1 pc $1.95 Microphone Condenser 6mm - ProtoSupplies
2 Water Jet Spray Nozzle 1pc $2.36 Industrial Stainless Steel Plastic Brass Hvv Veejet Flat Fan Pressure Water Jet Spray Tip Nozzle Manufacturer - Buy Flat Fan Nozzle,Flat Fan Spray Nozzles,Vee Jet Nozzle Product on Alibaba.com
3 Siren 3pcs $2.12 3 Pcs/Lot AD16-16SM 16mm AC/DC 12V , 24V , 110V , AC220V Siren Buzzer Red LED Active Beep Alarm Indicator Light Pilot Lamp - buy at the price of $2.12 in aliexpress.com | imall.com
4 Magnetic Pogo Pin 1 Pair $2.53 Shenzhen Battery 4 Pogo Pin Pcb Magnetic Power Connector - Buy Magnetic Power Connector,4 Pogo Pin Pcb Magnetic Power Connector,Shenzhen Battery Magnetic Power Connector Product on Alibaba.com
5 Magnetic Sheet 1pc $0.39 Flexible Magnet Rubber Adhesive Magnetic Sheet - Buy Self-adhesive Magnetic Sheet,Rubber Magnetic Magnet,Flexible Rubber Coated Self Adhesive Magnet A4 Thickness 0.4 Mm Product on Alibaba.com
6 18650 Lithium Ion 12 pcs $6.00 Panasonic NCR21700A 5000mAh 15A high drain 3.7V 21700 rechargeable lithium-ion batteries original 21700A cell for packs for sale – Panasonic 18650 Battery manufacturer from china (108442467). (everychina.com)
7 Microcontroller 1pc $9.49 Amazon.com: Adafruit Trinket - Mini Microcontroller - 5V Logic [ADA1501] : Electronics
8 24V Water Pump 1pc $23.30 China Instant Heater Water Pumps (TL-C01) - China Water Heater Pump and Dc Burshless Motor Pump price (made-in-china.com)
9 Rocker Switch 1pc $0.13 Kcd1-201 4 Pin Rocker Switch With Lamp Led 3 Pins 2 Position On/off Green Red Kcd1 23mm Oval Boat Kema Keur Switch Rocker Switch - Buy Rocker Switch Black,Kcd1 Rocker Switch,On/off Rocker Switch Product on Alibaba.com
10 Potentiometer w/ Knob 2pcs $1.00 Amazon.com: TWTADE / 3pcs wh138 100 ohm Potentiometer Single Turn Rotary Linear Variable Potentiometer +3pcs black Aluminum alloy knob : Industrial & Scientific

Nanren888

Nov 8, 2015
Not quite sure where the magnetic sheet fits in.
Detecting a specific sound, well one that sounds "specific" to a human with years of training, can be more difficult than some think. Might also need a bit of computational power. MIght want to google this part a little.
Not sure where you go for contracting help.

Externet

Aug 24, 2009
...listen for a specific sound and it would need to be programmed to listen for that specific sound (like a dog bark, a car backfiring, etc)...

If barking and backfiring are true examples and none the real aim of the project, I see it complex for the firmware to recognize a chosen sound.
If it was hand clapping; well, using the existing 'clapper' switch available on the market, you could use the audio detecting stage to trigger your action.
For barking, there are some devices on the market that recognize that sound to activate deterrents and could be used to trigger your action.
But for a specific sound you may be after, programming a DSP to recognize such and all its ± variants would be very involved, time consuming with a lot of testing.
A clean tone can be detected with an ancient NE567 IC if applies to your project.