Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help needed with pulse counter and flow meter for market venture

smegfish

May 19, 2015
Hi I have an idea for a commercial product which could be possibly very lucrative. I need help with the design of a pulse counter that feeds from impulses generated from a small flow meter . It needs to count and display liquid usuage in ltrs per hour also total usuage etc not complicated but needs clear design amd must be fully informative to meet its market needs. A very professional version ( and very expensive) is working in a small niche market high tech field and sells for a very good price.I intend to use same principle but for a different and much bigger market that this unit doesnt cover and to sell it at a fraction of the price.of analogue competitors. Please ring me Dave on 0203 592 7004.My back ground on this one is that I have raced bikes and maintained them up to GP level
I have already signed a deal with a national company in engineering who can help market the product.

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
Hi I have an idea for a commercial product which could be possibly very lucrative. I need help with the design of a pulse counter that feeds from impulses generated from a small flow meter . It needs to count and display liquid usuage in ltrs per hour also total usuage etc not complicated but needs clear design amd must be fully informative to meet its market needs. A very professional version ( and very expensive) is working in a small niche market high tech field and sells for a very good price.I intend to use same principle but for a different and much bigger market that this unit doesnt cover and to sell it at a fraction of the price.of analogue competitors. Please ring me Dave on 0203 592 7004.My back ground on this one is that I have raced bikes and maintained them up to GP level
I have already signed a deal with a national company in engineering who can help market the product.
Sounds like you got the idea down already.
All you need to do is determine the 'volume' per pulse and use a microcontroller to calculate and display the number.

How will it be powered? Will it compensate for temperature? Will it store the total volume in case of a power outage?

Perhaps it would be best to consult with local talent first.

smegfish

May 19, 2015
On and off Ive been trying for three years to find help If you can reccommend someone around Hackney?

Gryd3

Jun 25, 2014
On and off Ive been trying for three years to find help If you can reccommend someone around Hackney?
What part are you troubled with? Do you have a flow sensor that provides pulses yet?
The electronics can be quite simple. I would suggest looking for a 'Makerspace' or 'Hackerspace' in your area and going for a visit.

smegfish

May 19, 2015
I have the flow sensor I need to work with someone on prototype electronics box with readout for commercial use.
Thanks for the help