Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help repairing wireless doorbell

JeisonRS

Jul 26, 2021
Hello everyone!
As the title says, I need help with the button of a wireless doorbell where you press to ring it, I'm attaching pictures here of the circuit board of it, as you can see one side of the board where you put the A23 12V battery goes fell off, so it obviously it doesn't work (even if I hold the part that fell off on the board with the battery).

Is there any way to fix it? It doesn't matter if I need to do a sloppy job for it to work, as long as it works it's good! :)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Sem Título-1.jpg
    Sem Título-1.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Sem Título-2.jpg
    Sem Título-2.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Sem Título-3.jpg
    Sem Título-3.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Sem Título-4.jpg
    Sem Título-4.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 8

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
Reference to photo 3.....sand away some of the dark blue area around the break until you get to clean copper board.
Do the same with the blue section of photo 4.

Trial fit parts back together and epoxy on the OPPOSITE side to where you just cleaned.
When epoxy is good and hard(usually 24 hours) solder back together the two previously clean sanded areas.
Done.....

JeisonRS

Jul 26, 2021
Reference to photo 3.....sand away some of the dark blue area around the break until you get to clean copper board.
Do the same with the blue section of photo 4.

Trial fit parts back together and epoxy on the OPPOSITE side to where you just cleaned.
When epoxy is good and hard(usually 24 hours) solder back together the two previously clean sanded areas.
Done.....

Thanks for the answer!

Two questions though, what is a "break" on the circuit board? The part where the numbers are on top? I'm new to this sorry.
And by "sand away" you mean clean with a used toothbrush with cleaning circuit fluid/school eraser or with a sandpaper?

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
" break"...where it is broken....
"sand away"....fine sandpaper or steel wool....

JeisonRS

Jul 26, 2021
" break"...where it is broken....
"sand away"....fine sandpaper or steel wool....

Sorry for the delayed reply and my ignorance, but it worked!
Even with my sloppy soldering it worked, I didn't want to buy a new one just because of a little break on the circuit of the button only.

Again thanks a lot, it worked like a charm!