Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help to Design EGR Valve Simulator- Cheater

twister

Feb 12, 2012
I would be interested to see the map before and after. Can you take a picture of the computer screens and post them?

twister

Feb 12, 2012
Dunno if the guy will let me :)

Yeah, maybe he will maybe he won't. Some guys don't want to give away their secrets. I'm always trying to learn something new. Some might say I'm too nosy! But sometimes it pays to be nosy! I'm just curious about how the electronics work on that motor, and see if there is a way to hack the electronics and make the engine more powerful.'
The big trucks have a mechanical injector that injects a full shot of fuel every injection, but there is also an electronic solenoid valve on each injector and the computer controls how much fuel is injected by releasing the fuel on each injection. I'm not sure if that's the way yours works or not.
Well anyway, let us know how your engine runs afterward.

joseico90

Feb 10, 2012
:) My engine as with most these days is controlled by an electronic brain called the ECU, sort of a simple computer, by replacing the manufacturer's standard software many benefits can be achieved within the safe operating ranges of the engine's design.

More BHP, torque and better MPG, it's like custom fine tuning kind of thing. I leave that to the expert professionals and I'm happy to pay for such a service. Having had it done to another car in the past I know how good it is..nothing short of amazing how well the engine will perform after. :)

joseico90

Feb 10, 2012
Remap

Remap done today, all went fine and engine performs superb,
- More power & torque, (from 82bhp to 110bhp approx)
- Sharper throttle response.
-Virtually no smoke,
-Less smelly exhaust
-Better engine idle.

ERG valve could not be forced shut this time during remap, doesn't matter that much because engine is not sucking exhausts gases anyway after the mods I did.

twister

Feb 12, 2012
Remap done today, all went fine and engine performs superb,
- More power & torque, (from 82bhp to 110bhp approx)
- Sharper throttle response.
-Virtually no smoke,
-Less smelly exhaust
-Better engine idle.

ERG valve could not be forced shut this time during remap, doesn't matter that much because engine is not sucking exhausts gases anyway after the mods I did.

Wow, that's great!

joseico90

Feb 10, 2012
Just to share that he valve's coil feed frequency is 137.7 Hz.

I had to disconnect the emulator and use the valve as I got a flat spot at around 2200RPM, it was quite annoying so I plugged the valve back and all is fine.

Can't be bothered at the moment to sort out the emulator.

Flash

Jan 24, 2014
Hello@all ...my english is not very well but did i understand it right that the emulator do not work?

davenn

Sep 5, 2009
hi flash

welcome to the forums
Just note... its a 2 year old thread you have reopened, I havent seen any of those people active on here for a long time
you may not get an answer

cheers
Dave