Maker Pro
Maker Pro

[HELP]Trying to fix JBL CLUB 950NC...

Lonahora

Jan 26, 2023
I have zero experience in dealing with hardware, so I tried to figure it out as I took it apart.
The problem is mainly in the jack, so when I opened it I noticed it's inner part wasn't properly connected to its board. Below are pictures of the situation. Can it be solved with some glue? If so, which glue and can I put it on the white part of the board (its bottom part, where it's connected to the inner part of the jack).
711lvbxvigea1.png

The bottom part of the board
2ruwjxc0jgea1.png

The jack piece.

When I press the two together, I got perfect sound, but the connection must be perfectly stable and I'm afraid glue will disrupt the connection...

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
The proper 'glue' is solder. Nothing else will work. You need solder, flux (or flux-cored solder) and a soldering iron.

Lonahora

Jan 26, 2023
The proper 'glue' is solder. Nothing else will work. You need solder, flux (or flux-cored solder) and a soldering iron.
If it's the only solution, I'll give it a try, but is there any other method (for those lacking the tools and skills) that won't ruin the headphones and can be done in a simpler fashion?

kellys_eye

Jun 25, 2010
Not really. The solder is required for the electrical connection. You could, after soldering it, add some epoxy glue to give the socket additional mechanical security but it must be soldered first.