Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with an Ektapro and fuses.

Poseneska

May 20, 2016
Dear all!

I had a question about an Ektapro slide projector that I was wondering if someone could answer.
A few months ago, in a lapse of critical thinking I replaced my ektapro with an incorrect bulb.
There are three fuses, 1 directly for the primary circuit and 2 for the secondary circuit and I blew one of the secondary circuit.

The fuse that was blown was a GLASS T2AL/250V fuse. Not to worry I thought, I bought new bulbs and I bought a package of these fuses:
(Ø x l) 5 mm x 20 mm 2 A 250 V Traag -T in CERAMIC

https://www.conrad.nl/nl/eska-52272...2-a-250-v-traag-t-inhoud-10-stuks-523987.html.

The projector turns on fine, it works for a period of 10 minutes or so, and then... flickidy flick goes the bulb. But flickidy flick in a way that is controlled by the projector. Flickidy flick video is here:

Now if I remove either of the secondary circuit fuses for a SPLIT second carousel stops turning and fan stops but the flickidy flick inherently stops. Which makes me conclude I've replaced the the incorrect fuse?

Any advice would be absolutely appreciated!

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Poseneska . . . . . . .

According to this data sheet, the supplied units are being the proper time lag delay units and even being an upgrade in the respect of their being in a ceramic housing.

http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/d...-ml-G_SICHERUNGS_5X20_TRAEGE_KER_2A_de_en.pdf

Is the unit operation normally now, as it seems to be just cycling but NOT changing the slides.
My unit is a very old Kodak carousel model.
What model is yours and does it use a 88 volt halogen lamp ?

The cycling might be related to a thermal cutout . . . . .triggered from overheating, is the units cooling fan working and maintaining speed or might the motor bronze bushings be gummed up with aged lubricant ?

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Poseneska

May 20, 2016
Hi 73's de Edd,

Thanks for your reply! It is a 5030 model, yes with the 88 volt lamps. The fans are operationally normal. Though I do have the feeling that it must be the thermal cut off. However the cut off 'clicking' starts now the moment the unit is turned on. It does not even need to build up heat.

73's de Edd

Aug 21, 2015
Sir Poseneska. . . . . . .

You are giving a model 5030 . . .here is a model 5020 service manual . . .is it close enough as a reference ?

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/documents/84/0900688a80789084/ektapro_ServiceManual.pdf

Is the unit using two lamps ?
And what was the lamp number you used if just one was replaced :
EXR82V . . .or FHS82V . . .or EXT 82V

Will the low bright setting lamp switch option have any effect on the cut on and off action ?

73's de Edd

Last edited by a moderator:

Poseneska

May 20, 2016
Sorry yes, 5020!

I got two of the EXY 82V/250W from GE. (That's the 200 hour ones, gleaning the manual)
I only put one in, having two lamps causes a slapping noise from the lamp module trying to switch over the mirror lamp.