Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with Arduino error: protocol error, programmer is out of sync

Cream

Oct 13, 2014
spacer.gif

Hello everyone,
I have several Arduinos and tested them all, only this one has a problem.
For a good one. At first the green and red LEDs are flashing normal, then the red flashes more intense, then it’s finished.

but for this one, during the sketch-upload only the green and red flashing is visible, the more intense red flashing is missing, there is only one red blink, and afterwards I got an red error-message in the Arduino-Software:

avrdude: stk500_paged_load(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x10, resp=0x00

avrdude: stk500_cmd(): programmer is out of sync

Like link:
Can anybody help me,wait for the answer online.
Thanks in advance.

(*steve*)

¡sǝpodᴉʇuɐ ǝɥʇ ɹɐǝɥd
Jan 21, 2010
This was one of the problems that made me change from this type of programmer to an ISP programmer.

I've had it occasionally and never really figured out how to fix it permanently.

If you find out, let me know.

Arouse1973

Adam
Dec 18, 2013
I am not sure what model of Arduino you are using but two things I have found recently is fake FTDI chips from non genuine Arduino suppliers. Also on the Arduino Nano there is a hardware fault, the test pin for the FTDI chip is left floating and should be connected to 0V (GND). I shorted pins 25 and 26 of the FTDI chip and it is much more stable now. It might be the same for you?
Adam

Cream

Oct 13, 2014
I am not sure what model of Arduino you are using but two things I have found recently is fake FTDI chips from non genuine Arduino suppliers. Also on the Arduino Nano there is a hardware fault, the test pin for the FTDI chip is left floating and should be connected to 0V (GND). I shorted pins 25 and 26 of the FTDI chip and it is much more stable now. It might be the same for you?
Adam
Thanks for your replay.It is a Arduino-Compatible Pro Mini,don't have 25 and 26 pins.