Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with identification!

Optiks67

Sep 10, 2021
I’m new to electronics, I am trying to replicate a circuit, but I cannot tell what this is. This part has NO markings or part numbers visible, and multiple of these are run in circuit to flash miniature leds(0603 smd). I have spent hours trying to match the image with others on the internet. Can one of you electronic wizards help, and tell me what this is. Thank you in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 16

Martaine2005

May 12, 2015
Perhaps you could show us some more photos at different angles.
Also a photo of the string including LEDs?

Martin

Optiks67

Sep 10, 2021
So these don’t light up, and normally these are covered in shrink wrap( I cut it off to unsolder two wires, so I could put them through a small hole) I used an electronics microscope and it looks like it has a flasher chip in the middle

Optiks67

Sep 10, 2021
So these are all hooked together in parallel it looks like to strands of micro leds that have different functions( it’s for a complete police car model light set) so each one is hooked to leds that do different functions. One is wired to a set of fast flash red/blue led for roof lights, one is wired to a set of red slow flash led for tail lights, one is wired to a set of white fast flash leds for head lights. So it’s very strange. Although these look like they have the flash chip in them, in center, with the two little wire strands going to opposite sides, it can’t control flash, since we are talking different voltage drops per led, and different flash rates. Yet these items are identical, so flash rate has to be within the individual led, I would think. And there are 4 of these wired in parallel, between these and the power source(9v battery) is an m1 rectifying diode and another small voltage regulator

bertus

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,

The led you show is not an SMD version.
An SMD 0603 would look like the ones in this google image search:
bi color led 0603

Bertus

Optiks67

Sep 10, 2021
upload_2021-9-11_14-12-17.jpeg
here is another view, this is just for a single smd led. I think it’s a chip that makes it flash, but I have done countless hours looking for a match for this on the Internet and cannot find one. I guess since the smd is so small again, 0603, maybe it needs the flash circuitry to be in another location via this chip???? Again, this part does not light up, even when I run the light, I don’t see anything going on in this chip, but you can clearly see something in the middle of it, with the tiny wire strands going to each side??

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
It is possible to connect a flashing led to a standard led to get the latter to flash as well.