Maker Pro
Maker Pro

Help with installing arduino on a rc car

haggai shapira

Sep 20, 2017
hello, extreme newb with electronics here. im trying to hook up my arduino to an RC car that has this circuit (attached photo). following instructions from this link http://www.instructables.com/id/Autonomous-Control-of-RC-Car-Using-Arduino/
my questions:
1. is the "ground" where it says "V+"?
2. am i supposed to connect wires from the arduino to where it says R/L/F/B? (cause that doesnt work so far) and if not, where then?

what ive done so far:
- tested the arduino for basic functioning (works)
- removed the receiver from the circuit as appears in the photo and instructed in the link.
- i tried connecting (by iron soldering) a wire to where it says R and the other side to port 7 (random) in the arduino and configuring it to send a pulse, but it doesnt do anything.

any sort of help would be appreciated!

haggai shapira

Sep 20, 2017
hello, extreme newb with electronics here. im trying to hook up my arduino to an RC car that has this circuit (attached photo). following instructions from this link http://www.instructables.com/id/Autonomous-Control-of-RC-Car-Using-Arduino/
my questions:
1. is the "ground" where it says "V+"?
2. am i supposed to connect wires from the arduino to where it says R/L/F/B? (cause that doesnt work so far) and if not, where then?

what ive done so far:
- tested the arduino for basic functioning (works)
- removed the receiver from the circuit as appears in the photo and instructed in the link.
- i tried connecting (by iron soldering) a wire to where it says R and the other side to port 7 (random) in the arduino and configuring it to send a pulse, but it doesnt do anything.

any sort of help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20170920_025918.jpg
    20170920_025918.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 20170920_031247.jpg
    20170920_031247.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 87

Bluejets

Oct 5, 2014
When adding Arduino to another circuit, most times it is common practice to connect the ground wiring in a star arrangement which in most instances would be the V-. (Not the V+)

A quick glance through some Arduino tutorials would tell you this.

Without an actual circuit, only other alternative would be for me to trudge through the entire project which I do not intend to do.